question

liz-costa avatar image
liz-costa asked gregory-yaschuk1449 commented

Texting on Desktop App: Not working

My texting on the desktop application working intermittently today. Any suggestions? Not working now - or a few hours ago - was working in the interim though. Frustrating!

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered gregory-yaschuk1449 commented
Hey Liz, best thing to do would be start taking notes about when this is happening and open a case so we can look into it

7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

michael-herbst avatar image michael-herbst commented ·
Liz and Saadet, I too have had major problems recently with texting. It stopped functioning for me last week when my number was changed because it was coming up on caller ID as BOSTON COLLEGE. Please help!

0 Likes 0 ·
I didn't realize this post was 1 year ago because it came up as 'today' on the lost list of conversations about text not working. Will resubmit as a new post as well just in case.
0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Michael,

Please open a case regarding this so that our Technical Support Team can check on it.

0 Likes 0 ·
gregory-yaschuk1449 avatar image gregory-yaschuk1449 commented ·
Hi Michael,

could you please open a problematic conversation (in red) by click on it, and give me screenshot of the conversation content.
0 Likes 0 ·

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
jaimee-141 avatar image
jaimee-141 answered mary-community-moderator commented
I also am having trouble. There is no longer an option to send a new text. Only allows to enter a name or email address. How can I text from the desktop app now?

2 comments
1 |3000

Hello Jamie!

The SMS feature on the RingCentral App has been moved to the Phone Icon on the lower left. 
0 Likes 0 ·

0 Likes 0 ·
cordless-phones avatar image
cordless-phones answered mary-community-moderator commented
No....that does not allow me to send a SMS to a number NOT in my RC contacts. I am a doctor doing video tele-health calls with patients and I'd like to send them a link to get the app and join a meeting thru ringcentral SMS so that they don't see my personal phone number.
1 comment
1 |3000

Is this not available on your end? 

0 Likes 0 ·
cordless-phones answered liam-andrews commented
No, at my end the only choice I have is "Enter name or email". No option for entering phone number1
1 comment
1 |3000

liam-andrews avatar image liam-andrews commented ·
Hi, I'm assuming you are on the cell phone app? Under the "Message" tab when I hit the + symbol I get the same thing as you.  But, under the "Phone" tab in the bottom middle, when I hit the + symbol I have the option for "New Text"

I think this should remain true for non cell apps
0 Likes 0 ·
cordless-phones answered mary-community-moderator commented
I don't know what I am doing wrong but in my "Phone" tab, there is a text tab but it only allows me to see tests sent to me which are none. Does NOT allow me to send a new text to anyone!
2 comments
1 |3000

suzann-hewitt avatar image suzann-hewitt commented ·
Just so you know you're not crazy that's exactly what is happening to me. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi Suzann,

Please send us an email at community.support@ringcentral.com. I'll be more than happy to assist you and take a look at your account for possible reasons of the issue you have. Thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app