question

anderson12345 avatar image
anderson12345 asked jake-baldwin commented

virtual background in RingCentral Meetings

I'd like to make a feature request for the virtual backgrounds capability for RingCentral Meetings. It's been available on Zoom for several versions now.

Thanks!

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

randall-moore avatar image
randall-moore answered
Just want to add my observation that the Virtual Background does not work even when enabled and available to the user as a meeting setting. It erroneously throws an alert about the computer's processor not being up to snuff, which is not the case. The computer meets and exceeds the stated requirement. And, if you do enable VB for a session, it is unusable. It bleeds through, flashes, looks ghostly and awful.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

grald-fauvelle avatar image
grald-fauvelle answered jake-baldwin commented
Hi, in last version that updated this morning, it seems that virtual background disappeard from Ring Central as well as Ring central Meetings clients, on Windows; Is it a bug?
1 comment
1 |3000

jake-baldwin avatar image jake-baldwin commented ·
As the admin I had to go back into the admin settings online. It had been changed to locked and off. I just unlocked the virtual background setting and restarted the RingCentral Meeting application on my computer and the virtual backgrounds are working. I can also confirm they work as well as they do on Zoom now. I would look over all of the settings just in case because ours appeared to have been changed. 
0 Likes 0 ·
philip-cunnington avatar image
philip-cunnington answered
After the update this morning, Virtual background remains an option for me under the settings gear wheel and, BIG NEWS, it works just as well as the Zoom VB now!
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app