question

anderson12345 avatar image
anderson12345 asked jake-baldwin commented

virtual background in RingCentral Meetings

I'd like to make a feature request for the virtual backgrounds capability for RingCentral Meetings. It's been available on Zoom for several versions now.

Thanks!

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

SNHU avatar image
SNHU answered
is there any way to organize or reorder the virtual backgrounds? I have a greenscreen and use this frequently but it's tough to find what I'm looking for. Also the previews are so small it's tough to see sometimes. There is no zoom feature.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

shelly123 avatar image
shelly123 answered mary-community-moderator commented
Our admin enabled virtual meetings and I've toggled the option to "on" but I'm still not getting the option to select virtual meetings within the settings function of the desktop app. Am I missing a step? 

1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hello Shelly!

Are you using the RingCentral App or RingCentral Meetings App?
0 Likes 0 ·
jonesy-henry avatar image
jonesy-henry answered nick-hamade commented
The Virtual Background is useless for us on RCM as well; looks very strange, because it requires a physical blue or green screen to work. Why add the feature until it's fully functional... would love that!
1 comment
1 |3000

nick-hamade avatar image nick-hamade commented ·
I agree, the quality is very poor and not worth having the feature at all.  Zoom seems to have it working well without any effort.
1 Like 1 ·
john-woodman avatar image
john-woodman answered
Can we please have this function work without needing a green screen?  
1 |3000

molly-sterenchuk avatar image
molly-sterenchuk answered
Agree!  Would love to use virtual backgrounds on my laptop w/o it being pixelated.  Hoping RC team is working on a fix!  Thank you!
1 |3000

jellybelly avatar image
jellybelly answered
I was about to reconfig my home office with a green bedsheet and then passed on all the work I would have to do to pull this off. Disabled.
1 |3000

harry-saal avatar image
harry-saal answered Karl Schutte commented
I found a workaround, thanks to a colleague. If you start the full "RingCentral" app instead of "Meetings", you can start, schedule or join a meeting from that desktop interface. And now virtual backgrounds work like the standard Zoom branded version. Must be a later build of the app. If only they would rebuild RingCentral Meetings, but at least this is functional. Yeah!!!!
4 comments
1 |3000

pierre-hulin avatar image pierre-hulin commented ·
Yeah, I don't know about that... For a moment I thought "Genius!". Then I tried it, and the app is throwing me the error message "Computer doesn't meet requirements", even though my computer sure does meet them (and I have no issue with zoom whatsoever).
So to your point, it might be running a more recent build, still not up to par with Zoom's latest. 
YMMV I guess...
1 Like 1 ·
jellybelly avatar image jellybelly commented ·
Same here... And once I clicked "I have a green screen", I am unable uncheck that to put it back to null. If I try, I get the 'doesn't meet requirements' error and I am win10, i7, 64bit.
1 Like 1 ·
travis-haugh avatar image travis-haugh commented ·
I'm also having the issue where I can't uncheck "I have a green screen".  I meet all the minimal specs stated and have plenty of memory and cpu.  Everything works fine on zoom, skype, and teams for background removal but RingCentral is totally useless.  I've had an open support ticket for 4 days and despite some back and forth, still no fix or improvement.
1 Like 1 ·
Karl Schutte avatar image Karl Schutte commented ·
Same Issue Here. They should update their software to match Zoom's features and functionality.
1 Like 1 ·
Christine M Sloat, P.E. avatar image
Christine M Sloat, P.E. answered
There is no "Advanced" setting for Video, Audio, or anything else in the Admin Portal to be able to enable backgrounds. I don't understand why everyone has different access/settings!
1 |3000

philip-cunnington avatar image
philip-cunnington answered
You need to be an administrator on the Ringcentral system to see a host of additional settings options. However none of them will deliver decent virtual backgrounds 'ala Zoom' as the engine Ringcentral use, even in the new Ringcentral app, is not up to it.

e.g. my new top of the range i7 laptop with Windows Pro 64 and loads of ram and a separate graphics card elicits a response that says my machine spec is not good enough and it needs an i7 processor and a 64 bit operating system.

Needless to say virtual backgrounds work perfectly on my machine using the actual Zoom meetings app.  I'm not that bother about VBs but it annoys me that we don't get the latest facilities and in a working state.
1 |3000

Christine M Sloat, P.E. avatar image
Christine M Sloat, P.E. answered jellybelly commented
I am an Administrator - logged in as such! Note the "Admin Portal" button in the upper right corner of my screen shot!!!!
4 comments
1 |3000

Hi Christine, I think you need to be a "Super Admin", not a Billing Admin, Phone System Admin or User Admin. Hope this helps!
0 Likes 0 ·
Christine M Sloat, P.E. avatar image Christine M Sloat, P.E. commented ·
I AM a super admin!
0 Likes 0 ·
philip-cunnington avatar image philip-cunnington commented ·
Ring them. They'll fix it quick for you.
0 Likes 0 ·
Maybe try using Chrome - my UI does not look like that ...
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app