question

oleotek-conference-113741 avatar image
oleotek-conference-113741 asked frisel-lou answered

We would need an option to join a meeting without installing the app

When attendees don't have admin privileges on their machine, there is no way for them to join the meeting. An in-browser option would be essential for meetings to be useful in a business setting.

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bettercoffee12789 avatar image
bettercoffee12789 answered
This would be helpful to our organizations too.  Feature parity with webex would be the biz justification for the RC development team.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered
That functionality is already available. Check out this Knowledge Based article (via the link below)
https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/10405-RingCentral-Meetings-Join-meetings-on-a-web-browser?language=en_US
1 |3000

oleotek-conference-113741 answered J.B. Ferguson commented
I don't think this is up-to-date because there is no "tools" menu in the app. Although, I'd be happy to be wrong about this...

Nevermind, found it on the website, not under tools, but still, the option is still called  Show a "Join from your browser" link.

Thanks! (support didn't seem to know about this over 2 online chats + on call)
1 comment
1 |3000

J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
Two things...#1: Make sure you have the most recent version and build installed. #2: Check under any settings configuration. I am not near my office right now (on a smartphone) but check under ANY settings button or tab if you dont see a Tools option available.
0 Likes 0 ·
oleotek-conference-113741 answered
One last info for anyone landing here searching for this: The option does work, but it is quite limited as it says in the option menu.

How limited? I tested it to know:
  • Attendee can no show, nor send video
  • They can only join audio through phone
  • They CAN see any screen you are sharing, which is pretty great if you ask me.
1 |3000

frisel-lou avatar image
frisel-lou answered
i agree w/OLEOTEK Conference 1 and would like to add, that I know now too your join link browser function is limited

Seems to not work on Safari
*I send link to participants Iphones and they can't open it (even though my admin settings are allow others to join from browser) 

For those who enter w/a browser it limits 
*Participants to only join w/Audio 
*They only see the other paricipants 

I would like for browser participants to see more, how possible is that?
In order for it to work, does it have to be on Chrome? Firefox? 

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app