question

keith-dematteo avatar image
keith-dematteo asked ·

Does the Compliance and Administrative Cost Recovery Fee apply to the virtual line for analog devices?

I'm considering adding an analog device  Virtual Line. Does all, partial or none of the Compliance and Administrative Cost Recovery Fee apply to the Virtual Line?
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered ·
Just to clarify, when you say "analog device" are you referring to an extension?  Also, what is your definition of a "Virtual Line"?

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

keith-dematteo avatar image
keith-dematteo answered ·
Thanks Danno - add a line with a fax machine on my account.  I was told there is a "virtual line" option at $4.99 month.  does that help clarify?
15 comments

It does.  The $4.99 subscription is only subject to one "Al Gore tax" - FUSF (Federal Universal Service Fee).
1 Like 1 ·
cool thanks Danno for the insight on which fee applies. - analog fax is for both outbound and inbound
1 Like 1 ·
would you happen to be able to explain how usage is treated?  is it metered? part of the "unlimited" or somewhere in between?  thank you. 
1 Like 1 ·
This is where it can get a little sticky.  Not sure if the person who recommended the $4.99 subscription (virtual line) for fax gave you all the 411 on it.  But it any case, if the virtual line receives more than 10 calls a month, you are subject to 'mobile user' fee; which is the full price.

1 Like 1 ·
It wasnt totally clear to me how usage was treated - your response helps!  this is a very limiting offer.  when you say the "mobile user fee" - can you provide what that price is? 
1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app