question

mamerica13592 avatar image
mamerica13592 asked ·

"Sent From" Fax Number Cannot be set to our Fax Number

The way it is now, I can only set the caller id on outgoing faxes to our Main Number, our Toll-free Number or my Direct Number. To me, this makes absolutely no sense. When someone receives a Fax from my company, I want my fax number on it not my main and certainly not my toll-free number. What am I missing?
General Topic
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered ·
Hey there, simply go into your Settings and choose which number you'd like to display instead

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mamerica13592 answered ·
Thanks, but that is what I am doing. The problem is that the Fax number that we transferred does not appear in that list. We can send a fax to it but the number does not appear in the list.

I've made this thread private so that you can share account specific info.

What number are you wanting to have display? What extension are you trying to make these changes on?

mamerica13592 answered ·
 My company Fax Number is: (952) 938-4693
I ported it over last week.
It goes to a "Message-only" extension that I created (4693)
I did it that way so I can have an e-mail sent to a shared mailbox.

Thanks for your help!

Well shoot! I'm not sure why your fax number isn't displaying as an option :/ That's just rude! I honestly would suggest asking your Account Manager or Support if it has to do with the fact that it's a recent port in? Maybe that's why?
2 comments

Saadet,
Can other people see this? Is my Fax number visible?
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi mamerica, 

Your fax number isn't available, that is why Saadet switched the conversation to private :) It's only visible by the Community Support agents, Saadet and myself! 
0 Likes 0 ·
mamerica13592 answered ·
Thanks for looking. I contacted Support. They said they cannot do it!
I am going to repost in the forum. That's what they told me to do. She said maybe if it gets some votes, they will fix it in an upcoming update

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app