question

vacuum-store3356 avatar image
vacuum-store3356 asked vacuum-store3356 answered

Loss of Incoming Calls

I have 60 phone numbers across the country. The number of robocalls I am receiving is out of control. More than 90 out of every 100 incoming calls is a robocall. Over 120/day. You can see from my Call Log- every call under 13 seconds is a robocall/telemarketer. I'm beginning to wonder if they are blocking my real customers from calling in or having my customer incoming calls routed to their robo centers. My incoming customer calls have from 150/day to less than 20/day. It's about to shut down my business.

It may not be a RingCentral problem but does anyone have any ideas how calls may not even be getting to RingCentral?

I have been told that sometimes local telecom provider systems unport phone numbers automatically & they have to be re-verified but I don't know if it's true. There has to be a reason why a phone # goes from 250-300 calls/mo to 25/mo. Multiply this times 60 & you can see the problem. Robocalls don't have a problem getting thru & usually hang up within 13 seconds.

Any suggestions are appreciated

Account- U.S.

Case #s- 08238378 + others

1 user

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
This is interesting.  The robo-call issue is a huge problem for everyone but I am not sure it is related to why you would see less legitimate calls.

I have seen with RingCentral and various other providers that after porting a number in some people might not be able to call it.  For example a specific cellular carrier might not be able to call.  Were any or all these numbers recently ported to RingCentral?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

vacuum-store3356 avatar image
vacuum-store3356 answered
Some of the numbers were ported years ago some were more recent. The # of calls is about the same but now 90% are Robocalls or Not in Service. It's just a guess but I think incoming customer calls are being intercepted by a robocall system that sends that # to a robocall ad or telemarketer & sends that same robocall to us. If #'s can be spoof called it's not crazy to think this re-routing scam can happen.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app