question

guy4pigplay14091 avatar image
guy4pigplay14091 Suspended asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Unable to log in to RingCentral Meetings from one Mac. Problem is identical to Eduardo's

About 4 days ago, RingCentral Meetings on one of my Macs (MacMini i7, 16GB, running OSX 10.11.6) started exhibiting the same behavior as reported in the community forum by at least a half dozen users now. Every time I try to log in, RC Meetings reports I am not connected to the Internet, and I need to check my network connection. My Internet connection works just fine because I can connect to every other Internet service or website I use. I can even connect to the RingCentral Glip app. Because I can't log in, I am unable to connect to meetings and the floating window with Join Meeting / Start Meeting buttons won't load. FYI: I am running RC Meetings for Mac version 6.3.135305.1213, which is the most recent version as reported by the application itself.

At first, I thought the issue might be an account problem, but my tests demonstrated that wasn't the case. I was able to log in to my account from the web at service.ringcentral.com. Next, I attempted to use RC Meetings from my Mac laptop. Everything worked perfectly.

Now for the real clincher, I can log in to RC Meetings, and it works beautifully on the same Mac where I'm experiencing this issue when I boot the Mac from an external SSD running a slightly earlier version of MacOSX (version 10.10). The only variation I have noted is a report by the MacOS network traffic inspection utility, Little Snitch, which reports RC Meeting's digital signature is different when running from the external SSD partition than when booting from my primary internal SSD. Little Snitch's messaging is a bit cryptic, but it suggests the application isn't signed on the Mac partition I can't log in from. I opened the application package and did some snooping around, and I discovered this in the plist XML:

It kind of looks like there might be something missing, don't you think? Of course, I might be barking up the wrong tree, but I've given you a whole bunch of information to investigate and resolve this issue.

Let's review. I eliminated all of these possible variables:

• Not a firewall issue: No firewall in operation; no ports are blocked.
  • Not an account issue: I can log in to my account from service.ringcentral.com. I can log in from my Mac laptop. I can log in on the Mac I'm experiencing the problem on when booting from an external SSD with an alternative version of the OS.
  • Not a router or ISP issue: All testing has been accomplished using the same router and ISP.
  • Not a computer hardware issue: I can connect from the same Mac that can't connect when booting a slightly earlier OS version from an external drive.

Jessica - If you are reading this I would argue you haven't been doing your job (or a very good job) by directing folks experiencing this issue to submit tickets to tech support. I have a free account, and I haven't found a way to submit a ticket or interact the support team on chat. I wanted to expedite resolution of this issue so I tried to buy a paid subscription two nights ago. I tried two different credit cards, but RC's payment gateway reported it couldn't process my cards. It wasn't telling me it could authorize charges to my card (which my bank would have notified me about) so it sounds like Ring Central' payment processing might be offline. No help there.

As a community evangelist, it's your role, Jessica, to act as a facilitator who elevates customer concerns so they get the visibility within your support organization necessary for quick resolution. I am very glad to see that you created a ticket for Edoardo Tuo, who IMHO was treated in a condescending, unhelpful manner by J.B. Ferguson, who, again in IMHO, is not the kind of person you want representing RingCentral and its brand.

Right now, I have a very lukewarm opinion of RingCentral's customer service and support organization, which is a great opportunity for you to convert me from a skeptic to a fan. I'd start by forwarding my email to your executive response team so they can connect with your developers in hopes of getting this issue resolved quickly and easily for everyone experiencing it.

Please send me the ticket number if you create a ticket for me. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you or someone else at RingCentral.

Len F.

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered cody-mckinney commented
Thank you everyone for continuing to provide details on your situations-- I keep forwarding your comments regarding what versions you are using to Tier 3 and the Executive Response Team. I'm glad Len found a workaround that seems to be working for some people! I'll post when I have more info! 
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

carl-stevens14261 avatar image carl-stevens14261 commented ·
Len, even after a new user account on the Mac, it only lets me enter room with end to end encryption turned on. Didnt Apple do something to Facebook and Google cause third party folks were not being true to the software lic? I wonder if Apple is protecting us from ourselves regarding privacy by only allowing access to encrypted meetings?
0 Likes 0 ·
cody-mckinney avatar image cody-mckinney commented ·
Why would you NOT want e2e encryption on to begin with?
0 Likes 0 ·
dj-m14316 avatar image
dj-m14316 answered
I'm on Mojave 10.14.1 and experiencing identical issues.   Len, your workaround works.   Thanks.   May I post in a few user forms that are a cross-over between Zoom and RingCentral?   The guys there are dying for help.   I wont use your name.

1 |3000

otterthisswirld14171 avatar image
otterthisswirld14171 Suspended answered
I too have been experiencing all of the above issues. I am working on a MacBook Pro 2017 running the most current releases of OS and RC. I used the workaround That Len suggested and was delighted to find it worked, for about a day. I have had to create a new account almost every other day in order to access. I also tried running parallel platform and downloading a windows version of RC, so I didnt have to log out of my account each time. It works for them most part. Only issues being camera control, just takes a bit of time connecting a cam, just a lot of paths that need connecting. Just thought Id share my experiences for what its worth.
1 |3000

matt-decker14394 avatar image
matt-decker14394 answered matt-decker14394 commented
I too have the same issue .. 
      perhaps its because I am getting older or perhaps the world is wearing me down .. but I find it absolutely amazing that this number of people reporting the same issue has gone on unresolved for at first hours  and hours , then days and days ...and now weeks and weeks.. and still nothing, not even an official statement from the company ,that I have found , and little Jessica , who I am sure is a very nice girl , is in over her head or so it appears ...then it dawned on me, like the rest of life its a numbers game ..and I would guess we don't pose much of a financial incentive to warrant time being spent  to resolve this issue ... we are Mac users, individuals , by in large non paying accounts .. I would guess that this App like so many was written for PC, Mac inclusion was probably a thrown together re-write , we are not corporations with  large pools of users paying big  monthly fees to use this service .. its sad but it certainly would appear that RingCentral would, I am sure, prefer to see us all just go away...  this kind of blatant  institutional discrimination pretty much blows and really has no place in todays age...do we all remember what happened to ICU2? RingCentral is just another ICU2.....  the clock is ticking RingCentral ..   why on Earth would you offer no charge user accounts and then drag your feet .. like molassas in January .. if you had no intentions on resolving any of its issues? .. you people can clearly do better than this .
7 comments
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hi Matt, we do indeed care and our Support team is working very closely with our partner, Zoom, on this issue. Because this is happening on only Macs and it doesn't seem to matter which OS the user is on, it takes longer to investigate and pin point what is causing the issue :(

When we receive more info and an ETA for the fix, we will update this (and other threads) immediately :) 
1 Like 1 ·
J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
@Matt Decker - While I can agree that the issue you are all experiencing is frustrating and can affect, or is affecting,  your business operations, I think the harsh rhetoric that you and some others have heaped upon Saadet and Jessica is deplorable! Within your first sentence, whether you MEANT Saadet herself or RingCentral in general, it came out as Saadet is 'dicking around doing whatever it is you are doing'. Saadet and Jessica are conduits to other teams, such as product management, development, upper tiers of support, etc., via these Community Forums. Community Forums, not let's bitch at RingCentral employees forums. They are NOT developers, they do NOT work for Zoom, nor do they work for Apple. I'm sure their job is stressful enough without having to be insulted by those who don't know what their job actually entails , or wanna-be programmers imagining what the the RIngCentral code looks like and how it integrates through ALL their products and how an issue can be fixed without breaking something else in another module or related application but yet how easy it would be to fix in a few hour morning session.

I'm sure I will receive all kinds of blowback from people who don't agree with me. To that I have two statements: first, I AM NOT a RingCentral employee but only a user just like everyone else. Second, it's easy to be fluid with harsh rhetoric behind a keyboard but put yourself in THEIR shoes and imagine how you would feel if someone who didn't know your job specifications nor the actual inner workings of the necessary development of an application (whether it be RingCentral, Microsoft, Zoom or ANYONE else) would start heaping all the (using these words again to be "politically correct") harsh rhetoric on them.

I, for one, would like to see more Community in these forums rather than condemnation and verbal onslaughts.

1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·
@J.B. Again, thanks for your support of my team's work on the forum.

@Matt Decker We encourage discussion on the forum and appreciate how frustrating the current issue with Meetings can be. Your thoughts and experience are invaluable to our being able to rectify this issue. That does not excuse profanity or insults of the people responsible for conveying your issues to our product team and those working to correct the problem with our partner Zoom. 

We ask that you keep it civil and acknowledge that although it is easy to direct your frustrations at Saadet, Jessica, and the rest of our team, they are not directly able to correct your problem. Rather they are rallying behind the scenes to advocate on your behalf.
1 Like 1 ·
stephanie-levin avatar image stephanie-levin commented ·
Thank you!  My entire company relies on RingCentral and uses Macs.  More and more of us are struggling with the same issue.  I'm not sure what the catalyst is - but I am no longer the lone person that can't use RingCentral.
0 Likes 0 ·
matt-decker14394 avatar image matt-decker14394 commented ·
Thank you Saadet for the update... it seems to me there are 2 rather quick and  simple solutions to the issues at hand ... reintroduce V5.4 which , as far as I know , didn't have this problem and let everyone get on with their lives while you dick around doing whatever it is you are doing  or second .. I can't imagine there was very much code rewritten from the last version to the new version.. I would think you all must have some kind of program that checks your code before you launch something to insure there are no syntax errors .. run both versions and find the pieces of code that are different, review them manually and replace the anomalous code that is causing the issue.. I mean just look at some of the work some of the users have already complied with running their own system checks and found potential errors ...I would think it must be that much easier and faster to run something like that on your end and find what ever simple error it must be and get this resolved before the coming of the next ice age ... Im no computer guru or anything..but I can't imagine it to all that difficult.. I mean you had a version that worked for everyone and now you don't ... so what  code is different  and then what piece of code is causing the problem.. BAM!! and you are done before lunch time ... assuming you are actually working on the issue  and not just paying every lip service    
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
edoardo-tuo14054 avatar image
edoardo-tuo14054 answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled CANT LOG IN RINGCENTRAL!!! need help ASAP. I registered yesterday on ring central, i downloaded the app on my mac but i cant log inside. It ask me for my email and then my password and after that i always recive this error. While from
my iphpne i can log in without any problem and im using same wifi connection.
how can i do to sole the problem please? i already tried to unistall and install again the app on my maca.
any solution plpease?
i need to use it ASAP! thx u
W
1 |3000

eccentrikpancake avatar image
eccentrikpancake answered
Still waiting for a resolution, myself... It is quite irritating to have to make a new user profile any time I want to go to a friends meeting... The thing I don't understand is that zoom just keep getting better and better and have no problems with meetings over zoom. Can't you guys just throw some more money at and buy some more stuff from them.. Their program is all in one and RC has what 3... It's very messy and confusing to begin with. Whatever zoom is doing is the model that should be followed because since I started using RC I think it's just bat shit crazy.. Just my two cents. Wondering if I'll ever be able to sign into a room normally without dealing with this Mickey Mouse of a band-aide .
1 |3000

Vaughn Ritschel avatar image
Vaughn Ritschel answered
Hey Y'all,  
I to have had problems logging into rooms from my mac,  I have created a new user account but that only worked for about a day,  then the same issue occurred with the new account.
I have had much better results by logging in through the "guest" account on my mac.  This seems to work day after day,  with much fewer issues.
The guest account deletes all files created during your time logged in when you log out of the account.  Makes me wonder if it is a file issue,  that is causing this "Mac Bug" ?  

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any thoughts about this.
1 |3000

Good Leather Boy avatar image
Good Leather Boy Suspended answered cody-mckinney commented
Seriously what is taking so long for this fix? Its a bit ridiculous, and whats with a work around were you cant even use your own user account [seriouls how did they even come up with that and think it would actually work?]
1 comment
1 |3000

cody-mckinney avatar image cody-mckinney commented ·
Did you have any better suggestion Good Leather Boy? Do you use the app for business or do you use it for pleasure? your name implies the latter, so unless you thought of a workaround for the issue, be thankful others are trying to help. Ungrateful lil tweaker.
0 Likes 0 ·
kris8599 avatar image
kris8599 answered matt-decker14394 commented
Any progress? We need to make video calls as part of our business on a regular basis.

Potential to login to Zoom as a temporary fix - will RC cover the cost of our logins working with Zoom for the time being?
4 comments
1 |3000

J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
I'm not sure if this will help, and I'm not sure if you are aware, but Zoom's FREE version allows you to make unlimited one-on-one videos calls for an unlimited amount of time. They also allow meetings for up to 100 participants but only for a 40-minute time period.

If this works for you, you can always set up a FREE Zoom account. My wife runs a part-time business and uses the FREE version of Zoom for between five and ten one-on-one meetings per week with no issues. Allows for recording and most user features.

Here's a copy of their FREE pricing plan information (including links):

Basic Personal Meeting Free

Host up to 100 participants

Unlimited 1 to 1 meetings

40 mins limit on group meetings

Unlimited number of meetings

Online support

Video Conferencing Features  -  Video Conferencing Features
Web Conferencing Features  -  Web Conferencing Features
Group Collaboration Features  -  Group Collaboration Features
Security  -  Security

1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hi William, I understand your frustration on this matter but we will not tolerate such behavior, please refer to our Community Guidelines.

JB is a valued contributor on our Community and provides his expertise and time on his own accord, which we greatly appreciate.
1 Like 1 ·
otterthisswirld14171 avatar image otterthisswirld14171 commented ·
We get it JB, you like your name to be on the message boards. Racking up ALL the points, and congratulations on all of them. is that a medal I see! You really are a Champion!
Now please lend your opinions to another thread, and allow the people who work for RC help out and give updates.

0 Likes 0 ·
matt-decker14394 avatar image matt-decker14394 commented ·
How bout this...since clearly a solution isn't going to be made available during the reign of the current monarch - before anyone gets their pc nose bend out if shape .its a loosely quoted line line from British comedy television and starts to question my patriotism or love of my country ,because that's how ridiculous this whole situation has become, I'm using it to make a point ...nothing more nothing less.... can you provide me a link or a copy of RingCentral Meeting v.5.4 for Mac..thats seems like a workable solution until which time you- meaning RingCentral the company not any specific individual now currently or previously associated with it or any of its subsidiaries or associates- can provide a permanent solution to the issue....can that be done or am I just so far out in left field that I should just delete my account and chalk this whole thing up to an annoying waste of time?
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered matt-decker14394 commented
Hello Everyone,

The below instructions should help while Zoom continues to work on the issue.

1. Click on the search option in the top right of your desktop
  2. Search for ~/Library/Preferences/ then select Preferences.  This will open up the Finder.
  3. In Finder, search for the file named ZoomChat.plist
  4. Right click on 'ZoomChat.plist', and select Move to Trash.
  5. Uninstall RC Meetings. Back in Finder, navigate to Applications.  Find RingCentral Meetings, right click and select Move to Trash.
  6. (If Applicable) Uninstall Zoom. Back in Finder, navigate to Applications.  Find Zoom.us, right click and select Move to Trash.  
  7. Right click on the Trash Can in the bottom right and select Empty Trash.
  8. Restart your Mac. 
  9. Reinstall RingCentral Meeting which can be found here: https://success.ringcentral.com/lc/cms/downloads
9 comments
1 |3000

kris8599 avatar image kris8599 commented ·
Thank you!

I can now use Meetings again (though with the "...needs to be updated for future version of macOS..." warning on startup.

Very helpful.
0 Likes 0 ·
stephanie-levin avatar image stephanie-levin commented ·
It works!  Thanks so much!
0 Likes 0 ·
matt-zuckerman14097 avatar image matt-zuckerman14097 commented ·
Tried this, whenever I try to join a meeting now I receive the message "The meeting has problem. Error code: 3010"
0 Likes 0 ·
matt-zuckerman14097 avatar image matt-zuckerman14097 commented ·
I'm now not even able to use the guest account workaround, same error...
Now rendered helpless.
0 Likes 0 ·
hera15 avatar image hera15 commented ·
Are we all using ringcentral for the right purpose??? 

that's the question of the MONTH :) 
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app