question

guy4pigplay14091 avatar image
guy4pigplay14091 Suspended asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Unable to log in to RingCentral Meetings from one Mac. Problem is identical to Eduardo's

About 4 days ago, RingCentral Meetings on one of my Macs (MacMini i7, 16GB, running OSX 10.11.6) started exhibiting the same behavior as reported in the community forum by at least a half dozen users now. Every time I try to log in, RC Meetings reports I am not connected to the Internet, and I need to check my network connection. My Internet connection works just fine because I can connect to every other Internet service or website I use. I can even connect to the RingCentral Glip app. Because I can't log in, I am unable to connect to meetings and the floating window with Join Meeting / Start Meeting buttons won't load. FYI: I am running RC Meetings for Mac version 6.3.135305.1213, which is the most recent version as reported by the application itself.

At first, I thought the issue might be an account problem, but my tests demonstrated that wasn't the case. I was able to log in to my account from the web at service.ringcentral.com. Next, I attempted to use RC Meetings from my Mac laptop. Everything worked perfectly.

Now for the real clincher, I can log in to RC Meetings, and it works beautifully on the same Mac where I'm experiencing this issue when I boot the Mac from an external SSD running a slightly earlier version of MacOSX (version 10.10). The only variation I have noted is a report by the MacOS network traffic inspection utility, Little Snitch, which reports RC Meeting's digital signature is different when running from the external SSD partition than when booting from my primary internal SSD. Little Snitch's messaging is a bit cryptic, but it suggests the application isn't signed on the Mac partition I can't log in from. I opened the application package and did some snooping around, and I discovered this in the plist XML:

It kind of looks like there might be something missing, don't you think? Of course, I might be barking up the wrong tree, but I've given you a whole bunch of information to investigate and resolve this issue.

Let's review. I eliminated all of these possible variables:

• Not a firewall issue: No firewall in operation; no ports are blocked.
  • Not an account issue: I can log in to my account from service.ringcentral.com. I can log in from my Mac laptop. I can log in on the Mac I'm experiencing the problem on when booting from an external SSD with an alternative version of the OS.
  • Not a router or ISP issue: All testing has been accomplished using the same router and ISP.
  • Not a computer hardware issue: I can connect from the same Mac that can't connect when booting a slightly earlier OS version from an external drive.

Jessica - If you are reading this I would argue you haven't been doing your job (or a very good job) by directing folks experiencing this issue to submit tickets to tech support. I have a free account, and I haven't found a way to submit a ticket or interact the support team on chat. I wanted to expedite resolution of this issue so I tried to buy a paid subscription two nights ago. I tried two different credit cards, but RC's payment gateway reported it couldn't process my cards. It wasn't telling me it could authorize charges to my card (which my bank would have notified me about) so it sounds like Ring Central' payment processing might be offline. No help there.

As a community evangelist, it's your role, Jessica, to act as a facilitator who elevates customer concerns so they get the visibility within your support organization necessary for quick resolution. I am very glad to see that you created a ticket for Edoardo Tuo, who IMHO was treated in a condescending, unhelpful manner by J.B. Ferguson, who, again in IMHO, is not the kind of person you want representing RingCentral and its brand.

Right now, I have a very lukewarm opinion of RingCentral's customer service and support organization, which is a great opportunity for you to convert me from a skeptic to a fan. I'd start by forwarding my email to your executive response team so they can connect with your developers in hopes of getting this issue resolved quickly and easily for everyone experiencing it.

Please send me the ticket number if you create a ticket for me. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you or someone else at RingCentral.

Len F.

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

trevor-parks avatar image
trevor-parks Suspended answered richard-fortin3030 commented
Pretty much.  The saddest and most telling part is the support representatives stopped replying or commenting on this thread over 2 weeks ago.  What is the 1 thing worse than not fixing the issue? Abandoning the issue and affected customers to avoid it. The way this issue has been handled is a case study on how to end your business. Seriously, although it doesn't affect every customer, this response signals major trouble if more customers discover how it has been handled. Primary concerns include:

• RC not having been prepared for a change that has been long communicated
  • RC spending months working on a "solution"
  • When the solution arrives, it works for nobody
  •                This is particularly concerning, because this would imply that RC never tested their                   solution or worse, explicitly lied about a solution being developed in the first place
  • The defensive comments from RC representatives instead of empathetic words or gestures, eventually ending with the abandonment if the issue by RC

These actions have never had a good outcome for any company, but especially a technology company the wants to specialize in communications products.  

5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·

Hi Trevor, I understand how frustrating this issue is. Thisissue does not only affect RC users but also Zoom users and our Product Team isworking with Zoom on this issue.

Our Community team is listening and reporting back to theappropriate teams internally. Unfortunately, we do not have an update at thistime. As Ive mentioned previously, we will let you all know when we do.
0 Likes 0 ·
richard-fortin3030 avatar image richard-fortin3030 commented ·
I did some research and Ive been told by a trusted contact at zoom that they are not using the same version as RC and they do not have any issues with MAC. We are looking at several replacement right now...Its not easy to decide to leave a company that you are in business with since 2012, but after 2 months, its really difficult to manage and we have frustrated customer that can not get online demo and training as it should be.
0 Likes 0 ·
Any news on a fix or a new ring central meeting version ?
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Not yet! 
0 Likes 0 ·
Any news on a fix or a new ring central meeting version ?
0 Likes 0 ·
kris8599 avatar image
kris8599 answered
My Meetings works now, version 7.013.  I logged in to Ringcentral on the web, went to Settings/Meetings/Download and there is a new version.

Works fine, 64 bit, etc.
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered lori-hamilton commented
Hi all, our Product Team is working with Zoom to get a fix established in Q4 of this year. If that changes, I'll let you know!
3 comments
1 |3000

lucky-star avatar image lucky-star commented ·
Hi:  any progress towards solving this problem.  I just installed Catalina hoping the problem would be fixed but same result.   

0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hi Lucky Star, the Product Team is still working on a fix for this issue
0 Likes 0 ·
lori-hamilton avatar image lori-hamilton commented ·
Saadet:  I am having the same problem and have tried all the fixes suggested but still having the problem.  I see that there are posts about this from 8 months ago and still no fix???  My company is a paid customer and it is a real problem if I can't use the meeting feature - actually I have to have the meeting feature.  Please advise me as to what I can do, as I need to schedule a meeting for this afternoon.
0 Likes 0 ·
Aloke Nath avatar image
Aloke Nath answered Gary Falcon commented
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Still no fix!!. Guys, this is ridiculous, it's only been 9 months since the problem  first surfaced, and still no fix.  This would  not be acceptable for most Apps, I wonder why it is taking this long. And as far as I know there is no workaround - if there is please let me know.
1 comment
1 |3000

Gary Falcon avatar image Gary Falcon commented ·
Aloke, I did find that launching the app from a command-line with SUDO is a reliable workaround (at least for me).  To make this simpler to launch, I created a simple shell script that I can launch from the finder.  Here's what I did:

1.  Created a new Text file, containing the following 2 commands:
cd /Applications/RingCentral\ Meetings.app/Contents/MacOS
sudo ./RingCentral\ Meetings

2.  Saved the text file to my desktop, with the name "RCM.command"

3.  Opened Terminal, and moved to the desktop directory with the command:
cd Desktop

4. Made the script executable, with the command:
chmod +x RCM.command

At this point you'll have an icon on your desktop - when launched the icon will open a terminal window and prompt you for your OS X password.  After you enter your password the RingCentral meeting app will open and you can close the Terminal session.

1 Like 1 ·
jessica-reed14184 avatar image
jessica-reed14184 answered
The 19.4 update finally fixed this!  I am now able to log in with my number and password and with my company Google account.

If you're looking for it, it's available at:
https://support.ringcentral.com/s/download
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Everyone! 

I have received confirmation from Tier 3 that this is a known bug that is being researched now. I was advised that then new Mac OS is not yet supported, causing the issue. It was recommended to revert back to a previous OS, I've asked for confirmation as to the exact preferred OS to revert back to. I'll update this thread when I get more info!
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Everyone, I wanted to combine the other thread related to this issue so that we have a one-stop shop for updates and you guys don't have to follow multiple threads on the topic.

Right now our Support team and our partner, Zoom, are still investigating the true cause of this issue. We understand the frustration that it's causing and hope that a resolution comes as soon as possible. We'll keep you apprised! 
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 answered
Hi All, I wanted to provide an update about a fix for this issue affecting Mac users. The Product Team will be deploying a fix in mid-December of this year. It's part of the 19.4 update - so keep an eye out for that new version. 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app