question

kipp-gillian14216 avatar image
kipp-gillian14216 asked giacinto-busico commented

Soft Phone App doesn't launch. It remains in the task bar- (windows 10)

I click on my softphone Icon and it just loads in the taskbar but the soft phone does not appear. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Same issue. Need this to work. I'm on windows 10.

softphone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

devane14214 avatar image
devane14214 answered chris-verdin522 commented
Maybe a simple 'popup blocker' issue? 
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

chris-verdin522 avatar image chris-verdin522 commented ·
Maybe not a popup blocker because those usually pertain to Internet browser windows.  But, it could be your Anti Virus.  Try disabling your AV and launching The app again.  
0 Likes 0 ·
chris-verdin522 avatar image
chris-verdin522 answered bond007dmc9787 commented
It works for me just fine on Windows 10.  If you double click the icon in the taskbar does it show up?  Curious if you somehow have the Run Application minimized in Settings, General.
1 comment
1 |3000

bond007dmc9787 avatar image bond007dmc9787 commented ·
I would agree that this may be what's going on, but I don't remember run minimized being the default upon installation, and it sounds like he has reinstalled. Maybe it was set to minimize previously and a deinstall does not remove all settings. He may have the same issue I do. RC Phone loads and puts icon on task bar (regular running apps, not the background ones on far right or hidden in the little pop up window. If I click on the taskbar icon, nothing happens but app is running. If I double-click, I believe I get a message that says app is already running. If I double-click the smaller icon to the right (if hidden click arrow to reveal apps), then RC Phone shows right up. As a side note, the RC Phone app will not auto load upon computer restart, even though I have it set to do so. This only happens on my computer, and I'm the super admin.
0 Likes 0 ·
mark-bartoszek11103 avatar image
mark-bartoszek11103 answered brenda-willey commented
This has happened to me before. Try killing the app through task manager, and then open it again. 
1 comment
1 |3000

brenda-willey avatar image brenda-willey commented ·
that worked  thank you
0 Likes 0 ·
shelly-roth5155 avatar image
shelly-roth5155 answered
I am running Windows 10 Pro edition.  This has happened to me before too and in fact, it happened again this morning.  I just X out of all applications and lock my computer at night and do not restart every night.  I did this last night and when i tried to open RC phone this morning it would not come up.  It showed in my task bar but didn't come up.  I had to restart my computer.  It works after a restart, but shouldn't be an issue in my opinion whether i restart or not.  i have also been getting crashes when trying to answer the phone periodically as well.  i keep trying to do the 10.3.5.34099 update (thinking that will resolve my issues) but keep getting an error message.  I am having my IT people look into getting the latest version downloaded.
1 |3000

giacinto-busico avatar image
giacinto-busico answered giacinto-busico commented
I also have this problem. RC ok after reboot but if minimised it is not possible to bring it back on the desktop.
I also run RCMeeting but that works fine
2 comments
1 |3000

giacinto-busico avatar image giacinto-busico commented ·
yep, tried that, didn't work. The RC was not seen in my task manager list once it was minimised. I end it up reinstalling the RC app again and ok now.
I think I am running now RC classic.
Thanks for your comments. 
1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hello Glacinto,

Have you tried Mark's suggestion above? End the app on Task manager and open it again.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app