question

drew-kennedy14408 avatar image
drew-kennedy14408 asked drew-kennedy14408 answered

RingCentral for Salesforce v6 - Contact Lookup

We recently upgraded to RingCentral for Salesforce v6. I am noticing an issue where if the same phone number for a contact is in two places on that contact (i.e. Home & Cell) it doesn't link to the contact but treats it as a multi-contact match (even though it isn't). In v5 this issue didn't exist and I can't find anything different in my config that would cause this.

How do I solve for this?

salesforce
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

srikumar-subramaniam5985 avatar image
srikumar-subramaniam5985 Deactivated answered
hi Drew, We have identified this as a defect that has got introduced in the 6.0 version. We are investigating this and will be coming up with a fix at the earliest. One thing I did notice is even if the contact is displayed twice in Log Call screen, the activity is logged correctly against the contact. From an activity logging standpoint do you see any side effects because of the multiple listing of the contact?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

drew-kennedy14408 avatar image
drew-kennedy14408 answered
You are correct. It is logging correctly even with multiple listings of the same contact. Just the ease of autologging is a step backwards from v5.

Thanks for the quick response. I look forward to this bug being fixed so I can roll out 6.0 to the remainder of my org. My testers are in love with the new features and UI. Great work.

Do you have any timeframe on a fix?
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app