question

doreen-johnson12468 avatar image
doreen-johnson12468 asked saadetswift16514 commented

Warm transfer

When answering a call via a soft phone, I want to transfer a call to another team member and click the warm transfer button. If the number I am calling is a mobile and it goes to their voicemail, I can get back to the original call but is there any way I can end the call to the team member. It seems to just leave it in limbo until I have completed the call. There is no end call button for the team member. Am I missing something?

phonesoftphone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Hey Doreen, I would suggest doing a Blind Transfer if you want the call to go completely to the Team Member's cell phone. 
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

doreen-johnson12468 avatar image doreen-johnson12468 commented ·
Thanks Saadet, I will give it a go.  So should you only use warm transfer if you know the person is going to answer and you are going to transfer?
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Doreen! It's really based on your preference :) I like Warm Transfers because then I know the call was taken care of by the receiving party. But I only do them if I know the receiving party is at their desk/available.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app