question

jason-spindler4717 avatar image
jason-spindler4717 asked natalie-wilson commented

missed call recording

In call recordings, I noticed that one of my calls stopped recording prematurely. The call lasted over five minutes, but RC only provides a little over 30 seconds of the recording. I have been escalated to Tier 2 by RC and am awaiting a response. Has anyone else had this problem?

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
That is very strange behavior :/ I'm glad you're already working with Tier 2 on this! 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

natalie-wilson avatar image
natalie-wilson answered jessica-community-moderator commented
I have had similar issues, and some have not recorded at all. 
1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
I'm sorry to hear that! Make sure to open a case with Tech Support! 

0 Likes 0 ·
wyatt11768 avatar image
wyatt11768 answered natalie-wilson commented
I'm having the same problem.  It seems only 20% of my calls get fully recorded, others get 15-30 seconds...very frustrating when you have a call you want to listen to and it's not all recorded! 

Did this ever get resolved for you?
3 comments
1 |3000

natalie-wilson avatar image natalie-wilson commented ·
Yes.  I figured out that if I download the recording, then I can listen to the entire call.  I hope this helps! 
0 Likes 0 ·
wyatt11768 avatar image wyatt11768 commented ·
Thank you for replying Natalie.  I just tried downloading and that doesn't work for me.  Guess I'll spend the rest of my afternoon on the phone with technical no-support :(...

0 Likes 0 ·
natalie-wilson avatar image natalie-wilson commented ·
You're welcome. Sorry to hear it didn't work for you.  One thing I also found was that I can't hit record until the other person is on the line and I say something.  If I try to record before speaking like when I'm on hold, it doesn't record.  Good luck!
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app