question

lee2 avatar image
lee2 asked lee2 answered

Is there a way to stop Hotdesk phones from receiving faxes

I have some of our Polycom phones setup as common area phones. I don't see an option to change the line to voice only so I am not sure how to stop receiving faxes

hardware
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

cglassy3135 avatar image
cglassy3135 answered
USA-based acct | 2287 Users | 3800 DID lines | 28 sites | all Polycom VVX500 phone handsets

To piggy back on Lee's request, we want a way to turn off faxing to all Courtesy Phones and Common Area Phones which are not "User" assigned phones - only used for outgoing calls. 

Please VOTE for this if it gets re-categorized as an Idea

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

gordon-brougham8765 avatar image
gordon-brougham8765 answered
Lee, I thought you could specify the phone as voice only instead of Voice and Fax.
Under Phone System --> Phone Numbers, select the direct phone number and then change the number type to Voice Only.
Perhaps someone can clarify if this is the correct function
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Gordon is correct, that should work. Unfortunately I don't have a hotdesk phone on my test account so I can't verify. Let us know how it goes, Lee!
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hmmm...I know Support can turn off the Fax line for a device on the back end. That might work.
1 |3000

lee2 avatar image
lee2 answered
That was my first thought also, but there is no option under phones. All I have I have is remove line. If I view the properties of the phone number It does say, Number type: Voice with no options, but i am still getting faxes.
1 |3000

lee2 avatar image
lee2 answered
Ok, Thank you Saadet. I will contact them. 
1 |3000

lee2 avatar image
lee2 answered
Ok, So I was looking in the wrong place. I was looking at the hot desk extension and not the logged in user's extension that was receiving the fax. Just got a little confused. 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app