question

tara-rubel avatar image
tara-rubel asked matt-mikolajczyk2801 answered

Still Receiving Calls from a Blocked Number

We are continuously receiving calls from the same number, multiple times, daily - 609-250-9180. We have tried blocking it, but the calls continue to come in. Why isn't the block number working? Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Block Numbers on Spam Number List.

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered tara-rubel commented
Hey Tara, where did you block the call in your system? Was it on one of the apps? Was it in the online portal?
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tara-rubel avatar image tara-rubel commented ·
I just saw this...I am blocking it through the desktop app.
0 Likes 0 ·
renekent avatar image
renekent answered suzanne-urash commented
Please post a link to instructions to block calls. I am not finding it. Thanks. 
11 comments
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Rene',

You can block calls in a few places: on the mobile app, on the desktop app, & in your online account.
0 Likes 0 ·
renekent avatar image renekent commented ·
Can you block a number that is texting spam? That is what I am trying to do and it won't let me. Thank you so much for your help.
0 Likes 0 ·
tara-rubel avatar image tara-rubel commented ·
I have blocked this number on the desktop app and online account. don't use the mobile app, but still comes in. Most recently yesterday afternoon.
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Rene', if it's a full ten digit number you can block the SMS. However, if it's a 5 digit (or less) number, we don't have the capability of blocking it.

Hey Tara, are you the Super Admin on the account? Also, are you still receiving calls from the number? Or is it someone else in your company?
0 Likes 0 ·
renekent avatar image renekent commented ·
It is a full 10 digit number but to block it you have to get it to come up in the call log and as a text it won't come up. Can you tell me how to do this, please?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
matt-mikolajczyk2801 avatar image
matt-mikolajczyk2801 answered
We had this same exact issue and we were adding the numbers in the wrong location for blocked calls as an Admin. We needed to go under the Super Admin account, then Screening, Greetings & Hold Music, Blocked Calls. There you can add the number to be blocked for the ENTIRE company. If you add that number anywhere else, it will only be blocked for just that extension.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app