question

kieston-schrock15911 avatar image
kieston-schrock15911 asked mary-community-moderator edited

Mojave/Outlook Plug In TimeZone Issue

When i click on the plug-in I get the message: Please check the current timezone in Outlook Regional configuration". I've unistalled and reinstalled both the Meetings App and the Plugin
meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

scs avatar image
scs answered
I'm posting here as a "me-too" and hoping for a developer's reply. Thanks for starting this post.

https://i.imgur.com/uKoMcUE.png
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tim-money15945 avatar image
tim-money15945 answered
me too!
1 |3000

dave-conde15946 avatar image
dave-conde15946 answered
me 4
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Hey everyone,

Please contact our Support Team so that they can gather logs and look into it :)
2 comments
1 |3000

kieston-schrock15911 avatar image kieston-schrock15911 commented ·
View logs? This is not about a phone call...how can you pull logs on a pop-up error?
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hi Kieston, 

There is more than one type of log ;) Each program, including RC Meetings, pulls logs as it runs and Support can capture them in order to see how it's running and where it may be breaking.
0 Likes 0 ·
scs avatar image
scs answered
I'll be able to test this today but I'd still like to know if the developers are aware of the incompatibility with Mojave and if there's a fix for the currently deployed plugin coming. Otherwise I'll have to work out a removal process for the entire company and re-deploy the plugin via Office 365 add-ins. I would certainly prefer the bug be fixed or an official announcement from RC stating the direction they're heading is away from the pkg installer and toward the add-in method (if that's the case).
1 |3000

ctsafos avatar image
ctsafos answered
Using this method -  Ring Central will not populate the Location of the meeting with URL and quick dial link.
1 |3000

ray-salazar16178 avatar image
ray-salazar16178 answered ray-salazar16178 commented
Greetings,

Solved - One of my clients had the same issue with the RingCentral Outlook Add-in (Error message: Please check the current timezone in Outlook regional configuration).  I followed RingCentral's KB ID 11172 and realized that an important step was missing in this process.  Before attempting steps 2 and 3, go to the Mac's System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General tab > and Click the Lock to make changes > and Allow from Anywhere (just for this install). After making this change, the installation and the testing of this Add-in was successful.  Now, I have a happy client.  I hope that this helps you out.

RS

3 comments
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Thanks for sharing, Ray! I'll see about getting this tip added to that article :)

0 Likes 0 ·
carson-wilson16068 avatar image carson-wilson16068 commented ·
I wouldn't regard this as solved. The installed Outlook plugin doesn't work. So I still have a RingCentral icon on the home screen of Outlook which does not work, and when a new meeting is created there are two icons for Ring Central, only one of which works.

I just convinced our executive to purchase this product (and they are all Mac users, where I'm a PC user) and this is proving a very poor experience to start with.

In my view, your plugin simply does not work and it's reflecting poorly on your product at the moment.

It's making it much more difficult to convince them to give up Go To Meeting.
0 Likes 0 ·
ray-salazar16178 avatar image ray-salazar16178 commented ·
Yes, you are correct that one of the 2 icons work which I learned while troubleshooting this for my end-users.  Also, I admit that a few of my clients do run into issues with the plug-in, but usually the cause is they're not logged into their RingCentral account within the plug-in.
0 Likes 0 ·
dave-barnes avatar image
dave-barnes answered scott-ruff commented
The plug-in does not work... I continue to get the "Please check the current timezone in Outlook regional configuration."  error message... this is generated by RingCentral... not Microsoft... 
2 comments
1 |3000

ray-salazar16178 avatar image ray-salazar16178 commented ·

This RingCentral article worked for me and my clients: https://support.ringcentral.com/article/installing-ringcentral-scheduler-outlook-add-in-user.html

Also, don't forget to change the Mac's security settings to permit the installation of the plug-in (see my post above).

0 Likes 0 ·
scott-ruff avatar image scott-ruff commented ·
I have some information that MIGHT be helpful.

I used the RingCentral Outlook Plugin with Outlook 2016 on my Mac for over a year (2017-2018). I then updated to Mojave in Fall 2018 and that broke the plugin for months. Then in late March 2019 I saw the new RingCentral Outlook Plugin come out and immediately installed it. The plugin worked in Outlook again and all was well. A few days later, Microsoft released an update to Outlook 2016 and immediately after applying this update, the RingCentral Outlook Plugin starting giving the "Please check the current timezone in Outlook Regional configuration" error. I am 100% convinced this error is related to one of the two MS Outlook updates shown below (I am almost positive it was the second one shown (March 27th):

Release Date: April 16, 2019.   Version 16.24 (Build 19041401)

• New Office App Icons: Redesigned app icons to reflect the simple, powerful, and intelligent experiences of Office.
  • Safe Links: Support for Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) Safe Links.

Release Date: March 27, 2019.  16.23.1 (19032603)
  • Fixes an issue with removal of shared or delegated calendars. Learn more
I am also submitting this to RingCentral support. I really need this to work and don't have the option of the workaround going through Add-ins in the MS Store.

0 Likes 0 ·
ramon-ochoa avatar image
ramon-ochoa answered
It would be much easier to update this file with a version that works from the Toolbar icon. 
http://dn.ringcentral.com/data/web/download/RCMeetings/1210/RCMeetingsClientSetup.pkg

Using the current version of that file, I can schedule a meeting from the Schedule button from RingCentral Meetings, changing the radio button to Outlook at the bottom. Then it's hit or miss if it will crash Outlook or not when the new Meeting window pops up. This is on a few different Macs running the latest version of MacOS 10.14.5 and Office 365 16.26 as well as Ring Central apps. 

Following the process of having Outlook fully open, clicking the Get Add-ins button on the primary tool bar, My Add-ins, Add a custom add-in, paste in that long URL then sign in is a lot more work.

In an ideal and best-practice world it's created as a Jamf policy and scoped to appropriate machines and ready to install from self-service. Or at an Admin level it's setup in Office 365. Sometimes it's just easier to say "Install this from their download page and you're good to go." 

If this is a Microsoft thing going forward then the plugin shouldn't be listed on the downloads page as it only partially works. Also having two different Ring Central icons in a new Meeting window is going to confuse many users. 

1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered timothy-glenn commented
Hi all, this issue should be fully resolved now :)
3 comments
1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image bjsvec commented ·
It is fixed for me with todays app update.  I tested with iPad Pro 13.0 (17A5556d)

And SMS caller ID is added.  I know a lot of peeps have been waiting for that.

1 Like 1 ·
timothy-glenn avatar image timothy-glenn commented ·
Did it get fix today ? 
0 Likes 0 ·
timothy-glenn avatar image timothy-glenn commented ·
I just install iOS 13 on my phone xs max . Looks like Ringcentral app works on it now . 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app