question

dave-agius16253 avatar image
dave-agius16253 asked Chuck Fuscone commented

How is it that Ring Central cannot direct external calls to voicemail while allowing internal calls to go through?

How is it that Ring Central cannot direct external calls to voicemail while allowing internal calls to go through? For what they charge, this feature should be a part of the service.

phonevoicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered Chuck Fuscone commented
Technically, there is no such thing as a 'internal' call with hosted platforms. 
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
I agree. A call is a call, regardless of where it originated. How the call is routed will make the difference on where it ends up.
1 Like 1 ·
J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
I was referring to what Danno had posted. In a VoIP, hosted platform it doesn't differentiate on whether the "call" is internal (you have to have a direct line established to that internal extension) or whether it comes from an external source (with a phone number associated with it). Even internal calls, with their associated direct dial number, are routed through the RingCentral servers. They don't go from one phone to another.

With that in mind, on a VoIP, hosted platform, a call is indeed a call. As I mentioned in my last post, it is the correct routing that you are seeking to accomplish your goal.
1 Like 1 ·
dave-agius16253 avatar image dave-agius16253 commented ·
A call is not a call. We want all external calls sent to voicemail. We want internal calls, employee to employee, to ring through. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Chuck Fuscone avatar image Chuck Fuscone commented ·
Hi Dave this could be accomplished with the advanced call handling.  Now I would need to see your call flow because I feel there are several ways to address this.

Let me know

Thanks

Chuck Fuscone
Certified Ring Central Consultant
Chuck@yoritguy.com
0 Likes 0 ·
dave-agius16253 avatar image dave-agius16253 commented ·
Chuck - I communicated with the help desk and they said this could not be done.  How may I contact you to see if we can make this happen?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app