question

Bill Marzahn avatar image
Bill Marzahn asked mary-community-moderator edited

Avaya Cut-over to RingCentral (Large Corp??)

Corporate Operations has selected moving our telecommunications system to RingCentral in the "cloud." I am looking for any corporations that have made the transition from an Avaya Call Manager PBX and ancillary programs to RingCentral. I have questions . . .

*  Will we have a single instance environment where we can program our system to meet our specific needs? Or will we be grouped into a multi-user system with only limited or no administrative functions other than MACD?

*  How may "seats" can the system accommodate?

*  How is call recording handled? Can we record individuals as well as call center agents?

*  How are recorded announcements and audible menus added?

*  Can a conference call host record a meeting? Can that host mute individual attendees?

*  How do I set up a Dial-by-Name line?

*  Can I have new voice mail messages send an SMS notice to a cell phone?

That's a pretty good start. I can tell a lot by the answers to these questions

admin portal
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
I can answer, "yes" and "easy" to all those questions.  Are you already working with a RingCentral Reseller?  A very important consideration when moving from a traditional PBX like Avaya is to carefully consider legacy features that users are familiar with and make sure they can be reproduced on the new system or some new workflow can be made.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

tom-franciosi3602 avatar image
tom-franciosi3602 answered
I agree with Brandon.  It's a very capable and easy to use system.  We've been using it for 3 years--base system and not the call center offering.  Things to plan out or consider should include: 
  • use of external paging systems; these may be challenging to integrate
  • paging zones and simultaneous ring groups are limited to 15-30 phones.  You can have a lot more if you don't need/want simultaneous ringing.
  • If your location will be part of the larger corporate structure, they could set your office up as a separate Site and give you deep control of settings within just that site.  
1 |3000

Bill Marzahn answered

Yes. We are working with Carousel Industries. And I very much want to be completely ready for the cut-over scheduled for Q4 of the year. We will likely pick a 3 day weekend like Veteran's day, Monday, November the 11th.

When I say ready, I mean that we will have converted all functions of our system over to our new cloud system and have settled all the issues that have arisen in ancillaries like

• Fax transmissions

• Call recording and screen capture

• Real time and historical diagnostic monitoring

• Call accounting

• Audio and Video Conference hosting

Perhaps we can run a portion of our system in parallel like a shakedown cruise of a new ship before the "go Live" date. Tony, my counterpart, and I want to be ready to take the helm on day one. That is not to say that we want to go it alone without support. Part of the deal with be a support contract for break fix issues. And a standing P.O. for consulting. This is how we have set things up with Carousel in the past.

1 |3000

Bill Marzahn answered

Thank
you for the extensive review Brad. This was very helpful. Over the years I have implemented lots of changes. In many of them there was a marked difference between the sales "demo" and the actual product use. So I have learned to ask those who have the product for an assessment of the product from an administrators point-of-view.
1 |3000

Mohan Kumar Singh avatar image
Mohan Kumar Singh answered
Avaya Cloud office solution will help you to full-fill your all requirement , could you tell me , how many users are there in your environment, accordingly i will tell you which Avaya solution help you .

waiting for your reply  
1 |3000

brad-giannini10726 avatar image
brad-giannini10726 answered
We switched over from Avaya Call Center to RingCentral Call Center last summer.  Our biggest draw was to be able to have everyone on the same system over a geographically dispersed area on equipment we didn't have to manage and maintain.  We only have to maintain the users and our IVRs.  

Testing: We setup test groups and vetted as much as we could.  Since we had multiple incoming lines at the time, we were able to test "Live" by directing that traffic out of our system and into RingCentral.  
Most of the rest of what you're asking is going to be based on the licensing you get for both the RingCentral seat and the Call Center seat - just like Avaya.  
  *  How may "seats" can the system accommodate? As many as you care to buy. 

*  How is call recording handled? Can we record individuals as well as call center agents?
We have 2/3 our users as Standalone RC seats and they're recorded through RC and can retrieve their own calls and you can designate users/managers to listen as well.  
        The other 1/3 is Call Center.  They're recorded in that system.  same on retrieval for that side as well.  Each seat gets up to 1GB of recording space.  You can setup this system to either archive on their site or download to a local storage site if long term retention is needed.

*  How are recorded announcements and audible menus added?  
In RC this is done through the Admin portal and you can have it call you to record or you can upload your own files.  
In CC, this is done through the studio editor.

*  Can a conference call host record a meeting?  Yes
             Can that host mute individual attendees?   

*  How do I set up a Dial-by-Name line?
Dial-by-Name is an imbedded feature in RC and is setup as part of your main IVR.  No need to setup a specific extension.

*  Can I have new voice mail messages send an SMS notice to a cell phone?
yes on the RC Side.  We're not using SMS on CC, so i don't know.
  *  Faxing
Every RC line is fax enabled.  You can view your messages in the RC Desktop app, mobile app, web portal, or you can have it emailed to your inbox.

*  Screen capture - We don't use this, maybe someone else can answer.

*  Real time and historical diagnostic monitoring - Real time monitoring can be easily done in both RC and CC.  In CC the Supervisors can monitor or you can setup profiles with specific rights.  Same for reporting in both RC and CC

*  Call accounting - the builting reporting in CC is pretty extensive.  In RC, you need Analytics for in depth reporting.  The built in Call log reports are fairly good, but aren't detailed. 

*  Audio and Video Conference hosting - This depends on your package.  They can host up to 200 user conferences with RingCentral Meetings. you can purchase additional packages for larger meetings or rooms.

Overall, we have been very happy with our switch.  As mentioned earlier, having a good team to help you out is very important.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app