question

eduardo-yumet14559 avatar image
eduardo-yumet14559 asked danno147 commented

Caller ID Shows Direct Number Instead of Main Company Number

We have been dealing with an odd issue with our RingCentral Services. Specifically, when our users are making outbound calls our callback number or Caller ID shows as that specific user's Direct Number. We have checked all of the settings in our online portal and the Desktop app but we are still having the issue. Our case has been escalated to tier 2 but they have mentioned this is normal since the main number is essentially just a spoofed number. Is anyone else dealing with a similar issue?

caller id
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
I have tons of clients sending their main number as the OLI (outgoing Caller ID).  it's so frustrating when CS gives such responses.  How is the main number programmed

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered danno147 commented
Sorry, hit enter.  Is the main number listed as Company Number (or AA) in programming or dedicated to an extension/user?

9 comments
1 |3000

eduardo-yumet14559 avatar image eduardo-yumet14559 commented ·
We have it programmed as the main number.
0 Likes 0 ·
danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
Perfect.  So, has it worked before (how long have you been with RC?) and just stopped working?  Or has it never worked?
0 Likes 0 ·
We have been with RC for about 2 years now. Honestly, this was something I just noticed while opting in for a callback, and the number the machine picked up was my personal line. Not sure that it has been working properly. Just know it's not working as intended now. Not just for my extension, but for all of my users.
0 Likes 0 ·
danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
Not wanting to be redundant, but did CS review your programming with you to validate all the options under "by feature" is indeed your main number?
0 Likes 0 ·
It appears they did. They pulled log files, remoted into my primary workstation, and even logged in to my account on their end and they were also able to replicate the issue.
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app