question

tim-smith12412 avatar image
tim-smith12412 asked customer-service-208 answered

My mic has low volume for external callers

When I call external customers and when external customers call me, they frequently ask me to speak up because they can barely hear me. This happens whether I use my headset (Plantronics CS500 XD) or the handset (Polycom VVX 411). Calls to people in the company work just fine. For example, there is a notable difference between me calling a coworkersring central phone vs calling their personal cell phone. I rebooted the phone, but that doesn't seem to have improved my audio. And this isn't an issue with audio quality. My voice isn't choppy/broken/whatever. It is just very quiet.

hardware
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
On your VVX you can go to settings > status > diagnostics and there is an audio test there.  I would play with that and record and play back your voice via handset, headset and speaker to see if you can find a problem.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

james-watson avatar image
james-watson answered
I seem to be having this issue as well, but with the Android RingCentral app. Someone told me it sounded like I was on speaker phone like I was talking from a distance, when in fact the phone was right against my face. Quality was great, but volume seemed to be an issue.
1 |3000

customer-service-208 avatar image
customer-service-208 answered
I have the same problem with my desktop app. Im using a plantronics headset. 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app