question

kws12997 avatar image
kws12997 asked saadetswift16514 commented

RingCentral Phone NOW requires mouse click to initiate call

I have a US account. Related case number is 08805264. I have had two chats and two phone conversations with RingCentral folks trying to resolve this. I have tried multiple versions of the app including 10.3.1 and 11.0.2, and perhaps others. Previously when using RingCentral phone on my PC running Windows 10, I could initiate a call by typing the phone number and then pressing enter twice. I did not need to move my hand to the mouse. Now, I cannot initiate the call without having to jump to the mouse and click. Functionality has been lost with the "upgrades". And even though I went back and downloaded an old version, I must still initiate with a mouse click. It seems like a small thing, but when you are making many phone calls each day, it is really troublesome. How can I get back that functionality?

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
I noticed the same thing too.  It's part of the "if it ain't broken - break it" clause of our contracts!
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

david-glowny14263 avatar image
david-glowny14263 answered saadetswift16514 commented
Maybe go back to 11.0.1.35084 to avoid the problem?
2 comments
1 |3000

andrea-yan12580 avatar image andrea-yan12580 commented ·
I was curious about this issue and ended up checking my version to see if it was up to date (and if I could double-enter-call) and apparently 11.0.1.35084 is the most recent version...I wonder where the 11.0.2 was received from?

(edit: found it here  https://support.ringcentral.com/s/download?language=en_US which by the way sometimes I don't trust the labeling for versions. So who knows if it's really correct? ex: the Glip 64 bit Downloads as 19.05.2 instead of 19.04.8) 

0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Andrea! The version of the apps on that download page should be the most up-to-date :) Sometimes when you Check for Updates, the new version hasn't been pushed out yet to your account's POD. All accounts are on different PODs and each receive the newest releases at different times (updating everyone at once would cause a lot of issues :P ). 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app