question

wlqc-office avatar image
wlqc-office asked wlqc-office commented

Run phone through computer

I cannot find set up instructions for this. Is there anything I'm missing to connect the phone through the computer - instead of directly into the wall?

We have tried multiple times but either the phone or the computer loses connection.

We are out of ports at the office so if we could get the phone and computer to share a port, that would free us up a lot!

I've tried chatting but they weren't any help.

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chuck Fuscone avatar image
Chuck Fuscone answered wlqc-office commented
Could be a few factors but has nothing really to do with the RC service.  Most of the IP phones have 2 port switches, some 10 / 100 and some Gigabit.

You could have to know what type of switch is on the other end that you are connecting to and it's capability.  This is more for a IT consultant or your It department to figure out.  

If you have someone locally to assist that may be best but there are pleanty of Computer / Network savy people out here that may be able to assist remotely.

Chuck
Certified RC consultant
630-975-1200
Chuck@Yoritguy.com
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

wlqc-office avatar image wlqc-office commented ·
Thanks, Chuck!  It is a 40 port switch but for whatever reason when we moved to our new location, only the left 20 ports are working now.  Our engineer is hoping to repair... but we may need to purchase another. 
0 Likes 0 ·
michel5476 avatar image
michel5476 answered wlqc-office commented
Let us know the make and model of the phoneset and then we can help
1 comment
1 |3000

wlqc-office avatar image wlqc-office commented ·
Thanks!  They are Polycom IP 335 HD IP phones
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app