question

dave-bradley avatar image
dave-bradley asked jessica-community-moderator answered

out call form a different number

I have 10 local numbers and 2 toll free numbers. From my android app, I can select from which number I want to place an outbound call and done. The question is:

I have a cisco 8861(Desktop) and I see the 10 lights green and all of them are as one name or yet. My concern is how can I set up in a way that I will know from which local number will I place the outbound call since all caller ID are on the same name.

Also, how can I create or edit each number with a different caller id? Perhaps this would solve it..... Having too much fun a night before the holliday!

tks,

caller id
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Dave, 

You're not able to change your outbound caller ID from the physical phone, just service web or the app. As far as the green lights, those will be for presence and is a short cut to dial out to your colleagues. Check out t his KB article for more info. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app