question

bart avatar image
bart asked ·

Message number indicator (red dot with a 1) will not go away even if all message are read

Using Glip v 19.05.2 (E. 2.0.14) Build 958.  When I receive a message, the red indicator will appear on the taskbar icon.  Once read it should go away.  It usually did, but now, it will not go away no matter what I do.  I have rebooted, checked my groups/users for any pending messages and nothing.  It still keeps coming back.  Now I can't tell if I have a valid new message or if it is the phantom message.  Please help!
General Topic
1 |1500 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bart avatar image
bart answered ·
It finally went away after several days.  Looked to be the phone indicator because it now has a (1) next to phone, clicked on it, and several seconds later the red dot disappeared.  Glip says it updated but it still has the same version numbers as above.  Who knows....???

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

kim-hilton16008 avatar image
kim-hilton16008 answered ·
My new calls are ALWAYS being tripped. As someone who likes no new message notifications, this drives me CRAZY!! The best way I found to make it go away is to go to the phone "team," and click back and forth between the call and voicemail tabs. This may (and I mean may) make it go away temporarily. It will likely come back. This is infuriating to me.

stephanie-wadlinger avatar image
stephanie-wadlinger answered ·
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why do I have a red dot with the number 2 on my desktop taskbar icon when I don't.... Why do I have a red dot with the number 2 on my desktop taskbar icon when I don't have any unread Glip messages or missed calls? I have tried logging out and restarting the Glip application and it is cleared, but as soon as new messages start coming in, the red 2 appears again. Can anyone help with this?

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered ·
This is a known issue, especially with Apple products. Our product team is aware of what is happening and it is on their radar to fix! 
3 comments

I no longer have this behavior.  I updated several times (whenever it says to refresh) and it seems to have gone away.  Hope this helps.  I have:
Version: 19.8.1 (E. 2.0.14)
Build: 1095 (rev. 666395a)

1 Like 1 ·
Has Ringcentral come up with a solution for this?  We are having issues with this in our office and, if available yet, would like to fix it. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
It's happening intermittently to myself and coworkers still, and we report it each time it does. For now, the recommendation is the ol' turn it off and turn it back on.  
0 Likes 0 ·
aubrey-spath avatar image
aubrey-spath answered ·
I experienced this recently - I opened the RC messaging app on my phone and it showed me the "unread" message there even though it wasn't showing on my desktop app.  I viewed the message on my phone and the unread indicator disappeared from the desktop app.  Good luck!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app