question

daci-jett15193 avatar image
daci-jett15193 asked saadetswift16514 answered

I just found out RingCentral can listen to my voice messages.

I just found out RingCentral can listen to my voice messages. That is not acceptable. This is a law firm and I our voice messages must be strictly confidential. You must change this so it is not possible for you to listen to a law firm's voice messages.

voicemail
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

stephanie-smith avatar image
stephanie-smith answered
This absolutely must change.  It is a potential HIPAA violation for those of us who handle cases involving medical information.  I am speaking with customer support now and they are telling me it is not possible to mark an account so that RingCentral doesn't have access to the messages.  This MUST change, or I will be shopping for a new service!
ETA: there is a HIPAA privacy setting that can be enabled, which is great, but which significantly impacts other functions of the service, such as availability of logs.  
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Daci and Stephanie,

While we do have the ability to listen to voicemails, we only do so on an as-needed basis when requested by you. For instance, if you're having issues listening to a recording, our Support Team will need to have access in order to troubleshoot the issue.

Since we are providing services our internal policy is that we do not access, use, or in any way disclose the content of any communications. We agree that content data is confidential and that is why we adhere to the privacy and security standards and requirements. 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app