question

austin-roberts avatar image
austin-roberts asked neil-singh13693 answered

Group Texting Problem

All of our users are able to participate in group messages with both RC and non-RC numbers except for 1. She has trouble receiving messages and is unable to send messages in a group. When she tries to sent a text in the group, the text is immediately highlighted in red and an error message pops up saying "Message is not sent. Recipient extension is not found." We recently moved to RC from another phone company mostly for its ability to host group texts. It is crucial to our communication with all of our clients and partners that this issue is solved quickly.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hey Austin, 

It looks like our Community of users doesn't have experience with this. I would open a case with support to go over your settings and do some in depth troubleshooting. 

Open support case online 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

sy-vang avatar image
sy-vang answered
I recently had the same problem here also any idea if this was ever fixed.  Just got off the phone with RC and was informed this is a feature RC has yet to come up with.
1 |3000

Bjrn Jensen avatar image
Bjrn Jensen answered
I also have this issue. It's incredibly frustrating and I end up having to reply the group from my personal phone.
1 |3000

neil-singh13693 avatar image
neil-singh13693 answered
We are also experiencing this issue where we cannot text a group of non RC phone numbers. I opened a case that was escalated and was informed that the feature is not currently supported. They are in agreement that this is a good feature to have. We are looking to use RC for our BYOD solution. The lack of this option would be a major consideration due to the nature of our business.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app