The answer may sound immediately obvious (a NO) to anyone affiliated with RingCentral (I've already contacted someone to try to get what we had before via chat).
And I have read an unfortunate amount of support articles about Digital Lines and Virtual Lines that don't explain why we had something that worked before.
BUT for about a year now (and up until this morning), we have had more than 2 users operate one specific extension (ext. 126) from their Desktop app (3 of our users are in the Philippines) for their outbound calls. This line was never a Digital Line.
* Our Call Log - Shows only one person (they are in the U.S.) using RingOut and the rest of our users have been VoIP calling directly from their computers using this ONE extension.
* We are each up-to-date in our Desktop App
* This morning - We saw "RingOut" only in our Desktop app and in our Settings without the ability to switch to Direct Dial.
* What happened yesterday to spark this change? - Possibly this is because we downgraded Digital Lines (ext. 115, 117, 124, 131, and 132) to Virtual Lines. The line that I am having a problem with (ext. 126) wasn't included in this inquiry (it has always been a Virtual Line), yet somehow it's capabilities have changed.
* Why have users on one extension? - We operate this extension as a team and it is extremely convenient. We pick up where we each left off. We can track everything (texts, calls) under one umbrella.