question

nathan-goff avatar image
nathan-goff asked jessica-community-moderator commented

RingCentral Unified app for UK, bugs and questions

1. We're a UK RingCentral customer and currently use the Unified (all-in-one) app for Glip and Phone capabilities. I'm told that the US also have Meetings integrated into the Unified app but this is not out in the UK yet, thus we are using a separate application for that. When will RingCentral UK unified app include meetings?
  2. RingCentral to Salesforce integration - We're having troubles with opening the SalesForce integration on the unified app, the screen asks me to log in, after logging into SalesForce through the RingCentral unified app I get a blank screen. Support have told me that this integration is not yet working, so not sure why we even have the option to set it up yet?
  3. Salesforce to RingCentral integration - When logged into Salesforce.com I have linked our RingCentral account to this and am able to make outbound calls ONLY using our main company number, when trying to dial out as my direct dial I receive an error. Support have said that I need to use the RingCentral phone application for desktop. Reluctant to download this (as this will be my third RingCentral application) I did and this did resolve the issue but ideally I need this working on the unified application so I don't have to go around to all my staff and install the RingCentral phone application.

When will the integrations work using the unified app and when will the updated app (with meetings) be available to the UK?

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Nathan, 

Please make sure you have "RC Meetings Embedded" selected under Video Service in the Meetings Settings section? 

SF integration v 6.x should be available in the UK as well! 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

nathan-goff avatar image
nathan-goff answered jessica-community-moderator commented
Hi thanks for this, this was added in the recent Unified app update.

I have managed to get Meetings working from within the app now. But I am unable to link this to my Outlook calendar rather than "Office 365". When using the Meeting app I am able to open the invitation through Outlook and send to my recipients. When using the Unified app I am unable to send the invitation using Outlook, instead I only have the Office 365 (browser based) or Google. 

Thanks,
Nathan
5 comments
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Nathan, the mobile app doesn't support scheduling a meeting to Outlook. Are you using the desktop or mobile version? Thanks! 
0 Likes 0 ·
nathan-goff avatar image nathan-goff commented ·
Hi Jess,

Sorry not the mobile app - I'm talking about the Ring Central dashboard, the app that combines messaging, video, calls, calendar etc. When creating a meeting schedule I get two options Office 365 and Gmail - both of which are browser based, ideally we want this to launch a new calendar invite in Outlook.

Thanks,
Nate
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Nate, 

I checked with a product manager, she advised that we are supporting the Outlook desktop app for scheduling events with the latest version of the RC App desktop (19.8.1). To update to the new version, you'll need to close the app completely, then open it again-- the force update pop-up should show up. 
0 Likes 0 ·
nathan-goff avatar image nathan-goff commented ·
Hi Jessica, thanks again for your response in trying to get this sorted for us. Unfortunately I have checked version and I am on 19.8.1 but still only get two options to create the meeting invitation. I've attached 2x screenshots for your reference.

Thanks again,
Nathan
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi Nate, 

I confirmed that currently the only Outlook synch we have is through the Office 365 browser supported Outlook. We don't have anything yet for the desktop app. I'm sorry I informed you incorrectly earlier, there was a misunderstanding over 'desktop app' with the PM I spoke with. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app