question

julie-sperritt14073 avatar image
julie-sperritt14073 asked saadetswift16514 commented

sending sms through glip

I need to be able to send SMS messages to customers (numbers not in our contact directory) using the Glip mobile app and the Glip desktop app.

I have found this: https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/RingCentral-Business-SMS-Frequently-Asked-Questions?language=en_US

which says that I can do it through the phone app - but we use the Glip App not the Phone App (which I believe you are supposed to be integrating and removing the old phone app?)

How do I do this? And can I select which of the company numbers the message is sent from?

UK account, 200 users.

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Julie! Simply tap/click the + button :) You'll see a drop down for different actions, including sending a text (as long as you have SMS enabled).
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

julie-sperritt14073 answered
So it looks as though we don't have sms enabled - do I speak to my success manager about that?
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Yep! You'll want to chat with your account manager about it :)
1 |3000

julie-sperritt14073 answered saadetswift16514 commented
So apparently sending SMS isn't available in the UK!
We can message internal users (Glip, surely) but not send a message to external customers.
When is this going to be available in the UK?

Ring Central is feeling less and less like a unified comms solution - we have users having to use their mobile for SMS and ringcentral for calls which in reality is never going to happen - they will continue to use their mobile for everything.
In addition, the fact that training materials include the functionality only makes it more confusing.

Hoping for an update and explanation soon!
1 comment
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Oh shoot, I forgot you were in the UK :( Sorry about that! I haven't heard any news about this changing but when I do, I'll post on the UK SMS thread
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app