question

lisa-puckett avatar image
lisa-puckett asked saadetswift16514 commented

Bypass Greeting to go into the Queue

Is there a way to bypass the company greet so a caller can go directly into the queue? We have a rather long greeting due to some recent changes and the we get the same callers. One caller mentioned how they would like to bypass the greeting to go into the queue.

call queues
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

taylor9773 avatar image
taylor9773 answered
You want to do this for a specific caller? Or for all callers? You can use call rules to achieve this. 

Phone System > Auto Receptionist > IVR > Custom Rules

Set a rule to have all callers (or specific ones if you want) bypass the IVR. I have ours set to bypass the IVR during specific hours of the day and then default back to it the rest of the time - using these rules. It has worked well for years. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered bjsvec commented
Maybe you could setup a "secret" option that goes to your call queue, but you don't say it in the greeting announcement?  This way new callers would hear the options that I assume you want them to hear, but you can start telling regular callers to press something to get to the queue faster.
2 comments
1 |3000

lisa-puckett avatar image lisa-puckett commented ·
This is what I am trying to set up Brandon but don't know how.
0 Likes 0 ·
bjsvec avatar image bjsvec commented ·
This really depends on details of your IVR and call queue configuration, but it should be just choosing an option like 8 and configure it in the IVR to route to the call queue extension.  Give support a chat or call and they should be able to help more specifically.  Good luck.
0 Likes 0 ·
lisa-puckett avatar image
lisa-puckett answered saadetswift16514 commented
This is what I am trying to set up Brandon but don't know how.
3 comments
1 |3000

taylor9773 avatar image taylor9773 commented ·
What is your '0' option set to? Most people press 0 when they are tired of listening to options. This is one way. Another is to setup an extension (extension 9 for example) that you can tell people about privately, and is not mentioned during the greeting. Pressing 9 bounces them into the call queue. Would that work?
0 Likes 0 ·
lisa-puckett avatar image lisa-puckett commented ·
But how do you set them up to go into the queue? I can set up other extensions but then how do you force it into the queue?
0 Likes 0 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Lisa, looks like you've gotten some good suggestions from everyone :) But if you still need some help, reach out to Support.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app