question

jennifer-gustavson avatar image
jennifer-gustavson asked kurt-johnson commented

I can't see myself (only black screen) even though video is toggled on.

I can only see a black screen. Video settings look fine and I know my webcam works. This has only recently become an issue for me.

meetingsvideo
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jennifer-gustavson answered J.B. Ferguson commented
Thank you for your reply and no offense taken; I understand troubleshooting. No, camera works and my little green light (built in camera) is on, but black screen. I can confirm this too because my camera app, the video/lens works perfectly. 

Also, the video function in Ring Central was working fine about a week ago and suddenly isn't. 
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
Okay...thank you for understanding. Sorry, but other than that I have no answer other than the camera may now be defective. Things can happen seemingly overnight with electronic technology as I'm sure you know. Do you have another camera you can test with RC Meetings to see if you get the same result?
0 Likes 0 ·
J.B. Ferguson avatar image
J.B. Ferguson answered
This might sound rudimentary and certainly is not meant as a put down, but I have seen this before. Kind of like a person not being able to see the forest through the trees. My question to you is, do you have a lens cover on your webcam? Many come with it nowadays or are added on later. I once had a client who had theirs on and really hadn't thought about that as the culprit to why they had a black screen. Again, just a suggestion...nothing more.
1 |3000

mark-bartoszek11103 avatar image
mark-bartoszek11103 answered
If you're saying that the camera app works fine, but Meetings does not, try reinstalling Meetings.
1 |3000

jennifer-gustavson answered
Thank you Mark. I actually tried that too and didn't work. 
1 |3000

jennifer-gustavson answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can't see myself (only black screen) even though video is toggled on.. I can only see a black screen. Video settings look fine and I know my webcam works. This has only recently become an issue for me. 
1 |3000

mark-bartoszek11103 avatar image
mark-bartoszek11103 answered
Open the Meetings app, go to Settings>Video and click on the troubleshooting link on the bottom. Follow those steps. If it still doesn't work, I would plug in a separate webcam and see if it works. If it does, try seeing if there are drivers available for your laptop model and install them.
1 |3000

victoria-lai avatar image
victoria-lai answered erika-simon commented
I just wanted to see if you ever found a solution to this? I have a more recent Macbook, and I am experiencing the same issue. It says I'm showing my camera, but the light doesn't come on and my video in the meeting is just blank.

Mark's suggestion above isn't available in my video settings for some reason.
2 comments
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Victoria!

Have you already tried to uninstall/reinstall your app?
0 Likes 0 ·
erika-simon avatar image erika-simon commented ·
I'm having the same exact issue as Victoria. And yes, I've uninstalled/ reinstalled my app.
0 Likes 0 ·
erika-simon avatar image
erika-simon answered
Hello, I am having the same exact issue. I have uninstalled and re-installed the RingCentral app 3 different times. My webcam works perfectly with other apps. I have a 2019 MacBook Pro with Catalina. Thoughts?
1 |3000

dustin-chapman avatar image
dustin-chapman answered
Also getting the same problem on an iMac. 
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered
Hello!

Please coordinate this with our Technical Support so that they can check and isolate the issue as more of you are having the same problem. 

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app