question

jennifer-gustavson avatar image
jennifer-gustavson asked kurt-johnson commented

I can't see myself (only black screen) even though video is toggled on.

I can only see a black screen. Video settings look fine and I know my webcam works. This has only recently become an issue for me.

meetingsvideo
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ian-moffat avatar image
ian-moffat answered
Having the same problem here. 2019 Macbook Pro running Windows 10 Bootcamp.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

victoria-lai avatar image
victoria-lai answered ron123456 commented
I feel really silly that I didn't catch this, but for all Mac users, make sure RingCentral is provided access to your laptop camera.

> System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Camera 

Ensure the checkbox corresponding to RingCentral is checked.

5 comments
1 |3000

emily-glick avatar image emily-glick commented ·
These users are using WINDOWS from a Mac via BootCamp, so the above is not applicable. I also need a solution to this - all other Windows apps can access the FaceTime HD camera, but just not Ring Central. Any ideas?
0 Likes 0 ·
victoria-lai avatar image victoria-lai commented ·
Most of the others were asking about macOS.

Maybe this can help?  https://kb.parallels.com/en/124533
It's about Parallels instead of Bootcamp, but maybe the same steps apply.
0 Likes 0 ·
erika-simon avatar image erika-simon commented ·
Victoria Lai, this worked for me! Thank you so much for posting the screen shot. Problem solved for me.
Erika (MacBookPro Catalina)
0 Likes 0 ·
jd12 avatar image jd12 commented ·
Thanks Victoria!  This fixed it for me.  Screenshot super helpful too. (MacBook Pro 2019, Catalina)
0 Likes 0 ·
ron123456 avatar image ron123456 commented ·
Worked for me to on a 2020 New Macbook Pro Catalina
0 Likes 0 ·
ian-moffat avatar image
ian-moffat answered kurt-johnson commented
Thank you but none of the above worked for me. HD Camera activates when I start video as the green light comes on, but it's just showing a black screen for my video on my laptop and on everyone else's screens. I can see everyone else's video just fine, including my own if I use my iPhone to connect. It's only my Macbook Pro running Windows 10 via Bootcamp that isn't working. Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this or at least confirm they have a similar set up and it's working.
2 comments
1 |3000

ian-moffat avatar image ian-moffat commented ·
One more thing on this, I have now tried Teams and Zoom, both of which worked fine, which leads me to believe this is a software issue with RingCentral Meetings rather than a Bootcamp/Windows driver issue.
1 Like 1 ·
kurt-johnson avatar image kurt-johnson commented ·
I have this exact same issue - Windows 10 on Bootcamp shows black screen when video is on. RingCentral Meetings runs fine in MacOS. Windows 10 Bootcamp on a 2019 MacBook Pro meetings running Teams, WebEx - all work fine. Updated drivers using USB Stick and Bootcamp Assistant - nothing has enabled video in RC Meetings.
0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered
Hello Everyone,

I would highly suggest creating a case so our Phone Support will be contacted you at your most convenient time.

Thanks! 
1 |3000

jennifer-gustavson avatar image
jennifer-gustavson answered victor-fiss commented
Hi all, OP here. I just wanted to share the solution that worked for me thanks to my IT guy at my company. I operate windows on a macbook pro. 

1. Shut down your Mac. Press and hold the  power button for  10 seconds, then restart and if that doesn't work try:

2. Turn on the laptop and let it go to the login screen. At the log in screen,  press and hold down the power button. As soon as you see it shut down, keep holding the power button for another 30 seconds. Let go and power back up. I hope this helps!
1 comment
1 |3000

victor-fiss avatar image victor-fiss commented ·
This solution works - however when you open other apps like Teams or Skype, camera stops working right away. Also this issue happens only on newer Macbook Pro devices. 

Definitely it is how ringcentralmeeting is invoking the printer driver. 

Till them a good option still is use Parallels Desktop so proper camera driver is available.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app