question

taranbir-singh avatar image
taranbir-singh asked Daniel Irwin commented

"open ringcentral" prompts everytime I dial a number in Salesforce in google chrome

Everytime I dial a phone number in Salesforce , google chrome asks for a permission . It is very annoying . Anyway I can get rid of this??

salesforce
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Taranbir, could you provide step-by-step guide on how you're calling out and when you get this message? Screen shots are always helpful and appreciated :)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

taranbir-singh answered
I call from numbers directly by click to dial feature in sales force, earlier it just dialed the number in ringcentral, but now it asks for a permission first. I can't provide the screenshot in public.
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Taranbir, you can blur out information you don't wish to show. But if you don't feel comfortable at all, I would suggest calling Tech Support so that they can do a screen share and see what you're seeing
1 |3000

ian-carswell avatar image
ian-carswell answered
I am experiencing the same problem.
Steps.
1. Click to dial a number in Salesforce
2. The soft phone utility pops-up
3.  Chrome displays a message  "Open RingCentral Phone"

1 |3000

taranbir-singh answered
yes same problem as me

1 |3000

kellie-babb avatar image
kellie-babb answered
Hello Ian and Taranbir, 

Thank you for the additional information. Can you please confirm if you have the RingCentral Phone app launched and signed into on your desktop when you are attempting to make these calls through SalesForce?

If you don't, please ensure that you are signing into your desktop application in addition to SalesForce and let me know if you continue to get the pop up. 

Thank you,
Kellie B.
1 |3000

nadia-grabiner avatar image
nadia-grabiner answered
I'm having the same problem, as is my team. We are signed in on the desktop app. 
1 |3000

taranbir-singh answered
Yes I am also signed in on desktop App
1 |3000

ian-carswell avatar image
ian-carswell answered
Yup, I am signed into the desktop App.
1 |3000

lee2 avatar image
lee2 answered allison-mohr commented
We are experiencing this also. It is a Chrome issue. they took away the check box to always open these types of links in the associated app in version 77.  https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/14194567?hl=en 
5 comments
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Thanks for sharing, Lee!
0 Likes 0 ·
allison-mohr avatar image allison-mohr commented ·
Wow! So we won't be able to get rid of that?
0 Likes 0 ·
lee2 avatar image lee2 commented ·
Not until the great and powerful Google decides to change it. I've had the users affected, switch to firefox for now. 
0 Likes 0 ·
ian-carswell avatar image ian-carswell commented ·
Please can you provide instructions on what values we can add to the Chrome preferences JSON to address the problem. As described in:

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/14194567?msgid=15347344

0 Likes 0 ·
allison-mohr avatar image allison-mohr commented ·
WORKAROUND: Download the Google Chrome RingCentral extension. Then instead of using click-to-dial, hover over the phone number and click the phone option. Works for me. No more pesky pop up every single time I dial.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app