question

lacie-mcabee avatar image
lacie-mcabee asked J.B. Ferguson commented

Polycom Phones first two lines are user

I have premium account with 4 phones, 4 users. I added presence to all phones. The phones I am using are Polycom VVX250. There are 4 lines on the phone. When I changed the line options to 1, the user is labeled on line 1 of the phone, lines 2 and 3 show 2 other users, but line 4 is blank. How do I get the 4th user to show up on the phone on line 4?

hardware
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Lacie, have you checked to verify that your Presence is set up properly? :)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

lacie-mcabee avatar image
lacie-mcabee answered
When I check presence, it lists the user as the first two lines, and it will not let me change that.  For example, it shows line 1 as Lacie McAbee, line 2 as Lacie McAbee, line 3 as Stacy, and line 4 as Lauren, and line 5 as Southaven Office on presence.  On the actual phone, it shows line 1 as Lacie McAbee, line 2 as Stacy, and line 3 as Lauren. Nothing is on line 4 on the phone.  I want line 1-Lacie, line 2-Stacy, line3-Lauren, and line 4-Southaven Office on the phone
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered J.B. Ferguson commented
Hi Lacie, the first two slots will always be the User's name. This is so that you have more than one spot to put a call on hold. I'm not sure why the other lines are not showing up but it could be that the user doesn't allow others to add them to Presence. I would check with Support to see what might be keeping your phone from displaying everyone properly :)
3 comments
1 |3000

saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey J.B. - sorry, I couldn't find any information on this :(
1 Like 1 ·
J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
@Saadet...I always thought that was strange, having two slots to have more locations to put calls on hold. I had always used call parking for that purpose. I use a Polycom VVX450 with a demo account on another service and I can put a call on hold and either make a new call or resume an in progress call or answer a new call, all on the same line. I can do the same on two other providers demo accounts as well. Polycom allows this and most providers will allow up to 20 calls on the same line. I guess I find it strange that RingCentral does not allow the same functionality. Is there some technical reason you might be aware of?
0 Likes 0 ·
J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
I appreciate your checking. Thanks Saadet. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app