question

james-jancel11215 avatar image
james-jancel11215 asked grady-craig commented

Cell phone calls dropped when getting a call on RC app

Starting yesterday my users will have their cell phone call dropped if they get a call through the RC app. I opened a case with them, but I can't imagine this is isolated just to my users. My current case number is 09661024. I know one user has an iPhone, not sure about the other. If the user is on an RC call and a call comes into the cell phone, the call isn't dropped. If she is on an RC call and another call comes in, she says the first RC call is dropped, but the tech support guy said the call wasn't. I believe the system just didn't think the call was dropped.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

eileen-fingerhut avatar image
eileen-fingerhut answered
I am having the same issue on my iphone.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

james-jancel11215 answered
Looks to be related to ios 13.1.3.
1 |3000

sebastian-corriere avatar image
sebastian-corriere answered
While the cause of the RingCentral application making the active cell phone calls drop could be related to ios 13.1.3, it most certainly is not ios 13.1.3 as the reason for the calls dropping.  When i remove the RingCentral (R) app from my iphone my calls no longer drop while receiving another call to my RC number (which rings my desk phone, application, and overflows to my celluar by design).  When the RC app is present my calls drop, my conference calls, everything drops.  When i delete the app from my phone i place the same exact same test calls and my calls dont drop.  This is definitely a RingCentral application problem.  My case # is 09685756

This is a major problem and need this fixed immediately!!!
1 |3000

james-jancel11215 answered
I'm on 13.1.2 and haven't experienced the issue.
1 |3000

James, your app configuration (settings of how your calls reach your cell phone in this case) might not be the same as mine.  I believe it's specifically how we are using the app.  A specific use case/scenario.
1 |3000

Ric Wegrzyn avatar image
Ric Wegrzyn answered ashley-campbell commented
I have 13.2 and it is doing it to me as well. Sebastian, it is a ring central issue.
7 comments
1 |3000

Ric Wegrzyn avatar image Ric Wegrzyn commented ·
I already did: Case #09709415.  Thank you
1 Like 1 ·
After I uninstalled and reinstalled the application (keeping only the one with the big R, see below) it works fine. Thanks for the fix!
1 Like 1 ·
sebastian-corriere avatar image sebastian-corriere commented ·
That doesn't solve it for me.  I only have the "R" app and the Meetings app.  
1 Like 1 ·
Sebastian delete both of them and only download the R app. The meetings app is not needed, you can do everything from that one application.
1 Like 1 ·
saadetswift16514 avatar image saadetswift16514 commented ·
Hey Ric, please open a case with our Tech Support team so that they can look into it
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
logicbroker avatar image
logicbroker answered Becky-Community_Manager commented
I'm still having the same issue and I had removed the app/added it back. Does anyone have any other suggestions? 
3 comments
1 |3000

logicbroker avatar image logicbroker commented ·
Upgrading right now from 13.1.2 to 13.2.2, will remove and then add the app back in. Fingers crossed. Thank you!
1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·
If you updated to iOS 13.2 and are still experiencing a problem, please create a support case. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·
Fingers crossed over here too!
Let us know how it goes!
0 Likes 0 ·
total-quality-lending avatar image
total-quality-lending answered
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Active call being dropped when Ring Central call comes in. If I am on a personal call and a call comes in through Ring Central, my calls are getting dropped. an yone having this issue? Is there a fix?
1 |3000

over a month ago I deleted the meetings app and only downloaded the Ring Central "R" app.  This did not solve my problem.  I was also on the latest IOS version.  I was dropping calls again yesterday.  If I have a call on the ring app and I receive another call, no problem, but if I have an active call on my cell phone directly, the incoming Ring call kills my active call and drops my incoming call as well and I no longer have either call.  Then I can't call back because they will try to call me again and kill my call again. very frustrating!!!!
1 |3000

brad-hill avatar image
brad-hill answered
I am having this issue as well. I only have the RingCentral "R" app. When on a cellular call, the call will be dropped if an RC call comes through. Notably, I do not get any notification that an RC call is coming through. I only figure that out when I get a missed call notification. 

I will be installing iOS 13.3 to see if this makes a difference. 
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app