question

james-jancel11215 avatar image
james-jancel11215 asked grady-craig commented

Cell phone calls dropped when getting a call on RC app

Starting yesterday my users will have their cell phone call dropped if they get a call through the RC app. I opened a case with them, but I can't imagine this is isolated just to my users. My current case number is 09661024. I know one user has an iPhone, not sure about the other. If the user is on an RC call and a call comes into the cell phone, the call isn't dropped. If she is on an RC call and another call comes in, she says the first RC call is dropped, but the tech support guy said the call wasn't. I believe the system just didn't think the call was dropped.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dan-lukes avatar image
dan-lukes answered
Having the same issue - deleted RC Phone to see if that will work
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

phil-gustin avatar image
phil-gustin answered
Still happening on 13.3
1 |3000

sebastian-corriere avatar image
sebastian-corriere answered
Its happening to me too. I had to delete my RingCentral application. Im about to ask for 3 months refund.
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered sebastian-corriere commented
If you're still experiencing this, please open a case with support: 

1 comment
1 |3000

sebastian-corriere avatar image sebastian-corriere commented ·
I already opened a case with support and no one has called me back.  I'm sure you are not suggesting I open another case?
1 Like 1 ·
sebastian-corriere avatar image
sebastian-corriere answered sebastian-corriere commented
I've completed deleted the RingCentral app from my phone.  I no longer am having issues.  Happy New Year. 
2 comments
1 |3000

I guess no one caught that I had to delete the RingCentral app for me to no longer have any issues. :/
1 Like 1 ·
I'm using an iPhone 8 Plus.  Is anyone else having the issue using the same device?
0 Likes 0 ·
christin-coles avatar image
christin-coles answered
I with that RC would reply with a fix.
1 |3000

grady-craig avatar image
grady-craig answered grady-craig commented
This is a 6-month old thread -- tens of thousands of calls have probably dropped due to this issue among RC users and myself (as this occurs to my phone 5+ times daily). When the call is dropped, you can't even call back the number that was incoming because it doesn't appear -- so you just have to pray they call again. Where is the solution! This is hurting my business!
9 comments
1 |3000

grady-craig avatar image grady-craig commented ·
Iphone using the RC Phone App
1 Like 1 ·
terra-slingerlend avatar image terra-slingerlend commented ·
Iphone 11 Pro, Ring Central App - it's awful
1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
That's great. Please test if it's still the same after updating. We had few customers with same issue and worked fine after updating.
1 Like 1 ·
Hi Grady,

Just few questions.

Are you using RingCentral App or RC Phone App?
Are you using Android/iOS?

0 Likes 0 ·
Can you please check if your iOS version is up to date?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app