question

jeffrey-pascone10794 avatar image
jeffrey-pascone10794 asked jeffrey-pascone10794 commented

Feedback when using RingCentral phone for Windows

Hi,

I have a user using RingCentral phone for Windows and there is horrible feedback when using the default microphone and speakers. We have tried tweaking the microphone and speaker settings but no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks.

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bob-robinson3288 avatar image
bob-robinson3288 answered
Is it an echo, or a squeal like some other microphone is on nearby?  When you say you adjusted the settings, did you do so in Windows settings, the RC Phone app settings, or both?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jeffrey-pascone10794 avatar image
jeffrey-pascone10794 answered jeffrey-pascone10794 commented
Bob, thanks for your reply. So the user just called me. 
He hears nothing. Everything is fine on his end.
When I talk however, everything is echo'ed back. 
We tweaked both Windows and RC sound settings.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
3 comments
1 |3000

J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
Echoing is usually a network issue. RIngCentral touches on it in Call Quality FAQs here:
https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/VoIP-Connectivity-Issues?language=en_US
1 Like 1 ·
J.B. Ferguson avatar image J.B. Ferguson commented ·
While not a RingCentral article, this might also offer some insight (again, identifying echoing as a network issue):
https://virtual-phone-systems.bestreviews.net/dealing-with-echoes-and-noise-in-voip-calls/
0 Likes 0 ·
jeffrey-pascone10794 avatar image jeffrey-pascone10794 commented ·
Hi, I have over 150 users on this network and only this specific user has this issue and he has it occur on multiple networks. I do not believe it to be a networking issue unless it is the network card but it also happens on his home WiFi in addition to Ethernet.
0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app