question

michael-mess avatar image
michael-mess asked r-scott-lord answered

Texting API (Currently Using Zapier and getting "Request Rate Exceeded")

I have a business account with 8 lines. I have created a zap that allows a SMS text to be sent automatically if a "Column" is updated on a google sheets account.

I recently did this and some got sent but an error populated stating the request rate was exceeded. Does anybody know how many texts per minute can be sent?

Also, anybody familiar with building out a custom platform that would allow for MMS, and roughly 2-3k messages per day?

integrations
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

account12769 avatar image
account12769 answered r-scott-lord commented
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

r-scott-lord avatar image r-scott-lord commented ·
Helpful resource, but it doesn't address the question, how to fix an error, "request rate was exceeded". 
0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered
Thanks for your help, Account!
1 |3000

r-scott-lord avatar image
r-scott-lord answered
My Zap is also getting a similar error, Error 429, "To Many Requests."

"The app returned "Request rate exceeded". This usually happens because there is a limit to the number of times we can send information to an app or service within a period of time. Please wait for your limit to be reset and try again. Hide details
Troubleshooting Errors |  Common Citrix ShareFile Problems |  Contact Support

We made a request to media.ringcentral.com and received (429) Too Many Requests."
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app