question

carrie-nevarez avatar image
carrie-nevarez asked carrie-nevarez answered

Getting calls for old ringcentral account on new account via mobile app

I'm in the US. My previous employer had a ringcentral account and I had the mobile app on my iphone with my direct line logged into it.

I left that job and started my own company in April. I deleted the ringcentral app from my iPhone.

I set up a ringcentral account for my new company about a month later and reinstalled the ringcentral app on my iPhone. I also downloaded the windows app on my new laptop. Ever since, I regularly get video chat calls for my old company number even though I'm not logged in to that account on either my laptop or my iPhone.

For instance - this morning, a former co-worker started a video chat with the person who replaced me and another new employee. The video call came through on both my personal iPhone and my new laptop windows app and when I answered it, the person who replaced me also answered. So she and I are both getting notifications when someone calls her number.

My replacement has said that they have removed all references to my personal cell phone number from RingCentral and my Windows App has never been logged into that old account. I don't know how they became linked.

How do I stop this? I am on good terms with my replacement and former employer, so if the changes need to happen on their side, I just need to tell them what to do.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

carrie-nevarez avatar image
carrie-nevarez answered
I haven't.  I'll get with my old employer first and work with them to make sure that my information is removed from all parts of their system.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hey Carrie, my best guess is that your number is still somewhere on the other account :( BUT Tech Support can look into it and verify if that's the case :) Have you opened a new Support Case yet?
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app