question

peter-long avatar image
peter-long asked ·

external phone numbers allowed on speed dial buttons for the Polycom VVX 450

We have RingCentral Polycom 450 phones and use the speed dial buttons to the left and right of the screen to call internal extensions quickly.  But we also have a number of external - non RingCentral numbers that we call all the time and would like to program the speed dial buttons to call some of these numbers too.  I am told this is not possible at this time and to submit it as an idea - so here you go.
topic-default
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bob-robinson3288 avatar image
bob-robinson3288 answered ·
On the VVX line of phones you can add contacts locally on the phone itself (Home > Directories > Contact Directory).  Not sure if that's an option on the 450.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered ·
I think you can also long hold one of the available buttons and program an external speed dial that way.
2 comments Share

Yes - this is "exactly" what I needed.  Thanks - that worked perfectly.  I was unaware of the Long Hold feature
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hello! We are trying to do the external speed dials and the long hold is not working to program the available buttons. Any tips? 
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Customer Spaces