question

peter-long avatar image
peter-long asked Steve Foutty commented

external phone numbers allowed on speed dial buttons for the Polycom VVX 450

We have RingCentral Polycom 450 phones and use the speed dial buttons to the left and right of the screen to call internal extensions quickly. But we also have a number of external - non RingCentral numbers that we call all the time and would like to program the speed dial buttons to call some of these numbers too. I am told this is not possible at this time and to submit it as an idea - so here you go.

hardware
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bob-robinson3288 avatar image
bob-robinson3288 answered
On the VVX line of phones you can add contacts locally on the phone itself (Home > Directories > Contact Directory).  Not sure if that's an option on the 450.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered Steve Foutty commented
I think you can also long hold one of the available buttons and program an external speed dial that way.
3 comments
1 |3000

bree-daniels avatar image bree-daniels commented ·
Hello! We are trying to do the external speed dials and the long hold is not working to program the available buttons. Any tips? 
1 Like 1 ·
Steve Foutty avatar image Steve Foutty bree-daniels commented ·

I have a case opened with support, so far I have not been able to get them to understand this is a simple request. 90% of the other vendors support this without issue. I'm being told it is a limitation of the Polycom device. However before I assign the phone to a user, it works just fine.

0 Likes 0 ·
peter-long avatar image peter-long commented ·
Yes - this is "exactly" what I needed.  Thanks - that worked perfectly.  I was unaware of the Long Hold feature
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul Blank avatar image
Paul Blank answered Paul Blank edited

You can take previously called numbers and add them to favorites, then access them by pressing the up arrow on the phone: To add - on my VVX-450, for example, Home, 4,3,select recent call, OK (center button), "Save" (soft button below display), Edit [using keypad and arrows], and soft button "Save" again.

1 |3000

Paul Blank avatar image
Paul Blank answered Paul Blank edited

On my non-RC Poly VVX-450, once I add a few entries to the Presence buttons. Some added favorites creep up onto the presence keys as well, including outside numbers. Curious. Those entries can get pushed back down into Favorites as Presence entries are added.

Most phones on my client's system are RC-Poly phones, so I will be checking to see if the behavior is the same with these phones.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app