question

jason-spindler4717 avatar image
jason-spindler4717 asked Edward Foy answered

SMS suddenly stopped working

US account

SMS suddenly stopped working for main office number.

I use Glip on my Android phone. I have the RingCentral for Google extension on my Windows computer. I have an extension inside Zoho for RingCentral SMSing.

As of Friday or Saturday, I can no longer use the main office number to send out SMS. I had been using it for years without problems, so I am really irritated that it is now, unexplainably not working.

When I try to send SMS through my Windows app, I now get the following message:

A valid Phone Number is required to send text message to recipients outside of your company, Please contact your Administrator to add a direct number to your account.

When I send it through the Android app ( ), I get the following error message:

Cannot Send Message...Your account does not support text messaging. Contact your account administrator.

When I use the extension in Zoho, I get the following message:

FeatureNotAvailable - Phone number doesn't belong to extension
sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hey Jason! 

Can you please open up a Tech Support case so in-depth troubleshooting can be done? We want to make sure to get SMS back up and running as quick as we can! 

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Edward Foy avatar image
Edward Foy answered

I also can't send or receive text messages.

Have had an unanswered ticket open for almost 2 weeks now...

Active Case# is 11477168

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app