question

workforce6097 avatar image
workforce6097 asked danno147 commented

Would it be possible to give us the ability to 'flip' a call from a desk phone to the Glip RC Desktop App?

It would be great to have the ability to move (flip) a call from a deskphone to the RC App on a PC. I seem to remember being able to do this with the older RC phone app, as it appeared as a 'soft phone' in the call-flip list, but this does not work in the newer RC desktop app (glip).

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
So I have V19.3.4.36528 and a green "switch call to this device" appears on my soft phone; and all I have to do is click on it to move the call from the desk phone to the softphone on my PC.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
Screen shot
1 |3000

workforce6097 avatar image
workforce6097 answered
I know the ability to flip back to the PC is present in RC Phone but it's not in the Glip RingCentral App which is what we are using, and hence the question. So it looks like we may need to move back to the older Phone app until the Glip version has caught up in features.
1 |3000

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered danno147 commented
Honestly, I'm not sure what's the name of the APP we're supposed to be on or what.  I get the emails telling me to download the updated APP b/c the older version are being retired and merged into one and I attend all the webinars - but it sounds like there are still multiple APPs.  Sorry...

4 comments
1 |3000

danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·

I see it now.
There's a funky looking R at the bottom of the APP...
0 Likes 0 ·

And then when I click it I get this.  However, I'm convinced (after seeing yours and other's posts) to stay with the one I have until it's retired before I have to move to the new  "if it ain't broken - break it" version. 

0 Likes 0 ·
workforce6097 avatar image workforce6097 commented ·
A little while back I felt there was a push for users to move over to the new Glip app so that the experience is uniform across platforms and hence why we moved.

I've just spotted a recent announcement (11/7/19) on RCs website stating:
There are no current plans to retire our separate business desktop apps just yet. The transition on desktop will only begin after we close  all the feature gaps in the RingCentral desktop app. Until then, you will still be able to use the RingCentral Phone desktop app for advanced calling features such as HUD and the standalone RingCentral Meetings desktop app. 
0 Likes 0 ·
Well, that makes sense.  Thanks for sharing.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app