question

mike-francis avatar image
mike-francis asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

I am a realtor with a RC phone # for leads that needs to go round robin to my agents but I can't seem to get it to work...

I have the two agents saved as extensions 800 and 801. When someone calls the sign phone number the auto receptionist says "Press 1 if you are an unrepresented buyer, 2 if you are a represented buy" and it is supposed to alternate between extension 800 and 801.... That's not happening and I can't figure it out. Tech support can never seem to get it right.....

call handling
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
Is the recording "Press 1 if you are an unrepresented buyer, 2 if you are a represented buy" in an IVR  or are you using the default Auto Attendant? 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mike-francis answered danno147 commented
I don't know... That's how it was set up by one person... Then the next did something different

1 comment
1 |3000

danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
Yep, that's pretty common with the complementary call center.  Think of it like the Buy Owner Real Estate services in the VoIP world.  If I had to guess, they probably used the default Auto Attendant.  If you want "one touch" options you'll need it programmed as an IVR.  Or, you could re-record the AA recording to say Press 800# if you are an unrepresented buyer, 801# if you are a represented buy
0 Likes 0 ·
mike-francis answered Becky-Community_Manager commented
I would love to have someone point me in the right direction so I can have "press one" do round robin between my agents who are extension 800 and 801, Press two" does the same thing, then "press three" comes straight no my phone.

Is that possible?
9 comments
1 |3000

Go here to start programing the one Call Group.

1 Like 1 ·
Then, you definitely need IVR with Call Groups.
0 Likes 0 ·
mike-francis avatar image mike-francis commented ·
Awesome! Now we're getting somewhere. How do I set up IVR with call groups? Right now that auto receptionist will only allow me to select one extension to funnel the call to.
0 Likes 0 ·
There's a couple of programming steps, and you need to be careful that you don't mess up incoming calls while you program it.  My recommendation is that you work backwards....
0 Likes 0 ·
mike-francis avatar image mike-francis commented ·
This will all be in the auto receptionist right? 

Thanks a ton for helping me!
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app