question

patricia-farmer avatar image
patricia-farmer asked mary-community-moderator commented

How can I disable the beep when using HUD feature so agents don't know their being monitored . we are not recording.

How can I disable the beep when using HUD call monitoring feature so they do not know they are being monitored . They are hearing a crackling sound when I click the monitoring button. We are just monitoring NOT recording . Help

hud
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
Hi Patricia, 

I checked around, and there is not a way to disable the beep at this time. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

patricia-farmer avatar image
patricia-farmer answered jessica-community-moderator commented
I know there will be a beep on the monitoring supervisors side but the agent shouldn't be hearing anything should they ? Our agents know  they are being monitored  because they either hear a clicking , faint beep or difference in call quality when we start to monitor? This doesn't seem right 
1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Oh, okay. For the agent's side if you add a call monitoring group, the agent won't hear anything. 

0 Likes 0 ·
Megan Lalock avatar image
Megan Lalock answered mary-community-moderator commented

@Jessica-Community_Moderator bringing this back around because agents ARE hearing a beep on their end when they are being monitored. Are we not able to disable this so they don't know they are being monitored?

3 comments
1 |3000

jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Hello @Megan Lalock, the faint beeping sound is normal. Disabling it is not available. However, we highly suggest posting this to our idea hub. Click HERE! Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Tonya Beck avatar image Tonya Beck jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

How do we post to the idea hub? This is something that needs to be changed.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Tonya Beck commented ·

@Tonya Beck you may go to https://ideas.ringcentral.com/, and click "Add a new idea" button.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app