question

mark-casey avatar image
mark-casey asked Webinar 500 answered

Issue when sharing screen where any Ring Central menus (toolbars, chat window, etc.) show as a black box over top of shared content.

Issue when sharing screen where any RingCentral menus (toolbars, chat window, participant video, etc.) show as a black box over top of shared content. This causes us to not really being able to display menus to change anything during a presentation due to it blocking the view of the participants.

meetings
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

samudrabhuyan avatar image
samudrabhuyan answered
Hi Mark, that should not be the case. Could you please share more details:
- OS version
- App version
- Steps to reproduce (e.g. how you are sharing, whether sharing full screen or specific window, etc.)

Screenshots would be helpful too.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mark-casey avatar image
mark-casey answered
They are running Windows 10, version 1803. OS Build 17134.1069.

The app version is 19.4.23024.1205.

They've tried both sharing main screen (full screen) and sharing a specific app, and the same behavior occurs.

I've attached screenshots.

Main Screen Sharing

Sharing Only Powerpoint

1 |3000

mark-casey avatar image
mark-casey answered jessica-community-moderator commented
Bump... Nothing new on this?
1 comment
1 |3000

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hey Mark, 

Have you opened a case with Tech Support on this? It may help to have a dedicated tech support rep researching this for you. 
0 Likes 0 ·
sujit-roy avatar image
sujit-roy answered jenn-community-moderator commented
I'm running into the exact same problem. Sujit
1 comment
1 |3000

jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Hello Sujit!

We locate your case number for this issue. Will have your Tech Support contacted you. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes 0 ·
ismael-hernandez avatar image
ismael-hernandez answered mary-community-moderator commented
Is there any update on the resolution for this?  I just upgraded to a new Windows 10 laptop and I now have the issue as shown above.  I never got this issue on Windows 7. 
1 comment
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hello Ismael,

I suggest for you to contact our Tech Support so they can check as t why you're experiencing this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Webinar 500 avatar image
Webinar 500 answered

This is obviously an issue with this software that should have an answer here on how to resolve. Your customers should not have to open a work ticket to fix an issue that multiple users are having.

Please post the answer/fix for your users here.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app