question

arturo-meneses avatar image
arturo-meneses asked Michael Dunfee answered

ILLEGAL TO RECORD - FLORIDA

Ring Central allows recording a phone call. What I'd like to know if when doing so is there a two party disclaimer always played.

Florida Law:

Florida Wiretapping Law Florida's wiretapping law is a "two-party consent" law. Florida makes it a crime to intercept or record a "wire, oral, or electronic communication" in Florida, unless all parties to the communication consent. See Fla. Stat. ch. 934.03.

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
Given the sensitive and legal nature of your question - you would be better served seeking the advise of an attorney in your state. 
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

arturo-meneses avatar image
arturo-meneses answered danno147 commented
I don't understand your answer "RC" offers the option why can't I receive a straight answer from RC or someone within.
1 comment
1 |3000

danno147 avatar image danno147 commented ·
It's fairly simple - contact an attorney.  Ebay provides a storefront to sell products but does not provide legal advice on liability. 
0 Likes 0 ·
danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
RC offers the feature as defined in their terms and conditions...

1 |3000

danno147 avatar image
danno147 answered
Furthermore they provide the addition language on the customer portal...

1 |3000

Michael Dunfee avatar image
Michael Dunfee answered
yes. when you do "on demand" call recording it plays a recorded message stating the call is being recorded and to hang up if you do not want to be recorded (*9 i believe if you wish to test). If you set your system to Auto Record all calls you can play a greeting and also make the system "beep" periodically. This can be done under each user (phone) setting. Searching the forums will get you much better answers, as well as an email to your account rep.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app