question

derek-shields avatar image
derek-shields asked Jason Brink commented

Accessibility for Users with Disabilities

I work for Disability:IN and one of our Inclusion Works companies uses RingCentral and asked me to check out the accessibility of the tool.  This client is trying to comply with the Disability Equality Index which specifically asks is their telephony system accessible for users with disabilities - all types of disabilities, including deaf and low vision or blind users.   I am hopeful to find a RingCentral expert in accessibility to provide me with some testing details, similar to a VPAT for Section 508 compliance.
phone
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Margie-Jo Miller avatar image Margie-Jo Miller commented ·

@derek-shields

We have a deaf employee who uses a Sorenson videophone to answer her calls. RingCentral Support went through the steps below to forward calls to her RingCentral # to the videophone. They made additional tweaks to her settings to forward extension calls to the videophone, too.

Go to the users profile > Call H&F > Settings > Edit Incoming Call Info > Under Play Announcement, change Direct Calls from 'For non-RingCentral Phones only' to 'Never' > Save

Here is that article that explains and outlines the process:

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/4618.html

1 Like 1 ·
Jason Brink avatar image Jason Brink Margie-Jo Miller commented ·

@Margie-Jo Miller I have a person in my office (RingCentral user) that is looking into getting a Sorenson videophone. My question is, how is the videophone provided a phone number? Did you use a RingCentral number? Was there another carrier involved? Does Sorenson provide the DID?

0 Likes 0 ·
derek-shields avatar image derek-shields commented ·
Thank you very much!  This is definitely helpful.  Do you know if there is similar guidance for Deaf users of the application, from both an outbound and inbound experience?  Like how the application interfaces with videophones, the tool that Deaf callers would use as employees or customers.  Thanks again for your help, it's most appreciated!
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ derek-shields commented ·
You're welcome Derek! I was not able to find information specific to Deaf callers, I'm sorry!
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app