question

messaoud-zouaghi13794 avatar image
messaoud-zouaghi13794 asked Rebecca Talmadge commented

Glip Calendar

I just noticed that Glip calendar can be edit by guest and admin don't have control to restrict that? is this a bug or something? i have a guest that changed the meeting time for everyone which create confusing among other members and messed things up. we can't depend on glip calendar if there's no admin control to that, please advise if there's something i can do to prevent that.

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

messaoud-zouaghi13794 avatar image
messaoud-zouaghi13794 answered
Default Glip
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

arthur-ng12296 avatar image
arthur-ng12296 answered lisa-feinman commented
@Messi,

Are you using the default glip calendar or the outlook / google integrated calendar? 
2 comments
1 |3000

messaoud-zouaghi13794 avatar image messaoud-zouaghi13794 commented ·
The whole purpose of the calendar is to be shared with the an existing team that can go to the calendar and see events there, and i don't see a way to do so with google calendar.
0 Likes 0 ·
lisa-feinman avatar image lisa-feinman commented ·
We use the Glip calendar for internal planning of events (internal and external) but link all meeting invites to our Outlook calendars. There are no meeting invites in our Glip calendar postings.
0 Likes 0 ·
lisa-feinman avatar image
lisa-feinman answered Rebecca Talmadge commented
I would also like to see a "view only" role for team calendars in the app. It would be helpful for other teams to see what is going on beyond their own team calendar but not so helpful to have them viewing the discussion in the chat room or editing meetings and events that they are not involved in. 

I have also learned that the new app has the calendared events listed in the sidebar and won't have a calendar view until sometime in the 3rd quarter of this year. I am thrilled to hear it is coming and hope it will continue to have the feature allowing you to view all the calendars in one view as well as viewing them by team, as is currently available in RC Classic.
1 comment
1 |3000

Rebecca Talmadge avatar image Rebecca Talmadge commented ·

Defiantly wanting that calendar view ASAP most of my employees and I use that as a staple to keep track of what is going on.

0 Likes 0 ·
arthur-ng12296 avatar image
arthur-ng12296 answered
Hi Messi,

You could try connecting your personal calendar with O365 / Google to restrict access to it. The Glip team calendar will be deprioritized in this client.

Thank you!
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app