question

david-dickinson avatar image
david-dickinson asked ben-weeks answered

Adding non-Ring Central fax numbers and text numbers to contacts in Ring Central App.

We would like to use the Ring Central Desktop app to one-click fax or text non-Ring Central numbers. It's not reasonable to ask all the doctors' offices we fax, and doctors we text, to provide an email address and ask them to take time to download and setup a Ring Central app. They just won't do it. It seems reasonable that if I can type in a random phone number to send a text, that I would be able to save that number in a list of contacts. Maybe there is a way to access our "personal" contacts from ringcentral.com? We use the Standard plan. Thank you.

ringcentral app
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

david-dickinson avatar image david-dickinson commented ·
That is fantastic news, our entire office will be happy to hear it.
1 Like 1 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
Hi David, 

You're able to  add contacts in the mobile app  currently. Product is still working on adding the functionality to the desktop app. 
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

ben-weeks avatar image
ben-weeks answered

One other suggestion would be to use the ringcentral phone app for windows/mac. I've verified that it is possible to add outside contacts within the ringcentral phone app.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app