question

cindy-hawkins avatar image
cindy-hawkins asked greg-jackson answered

Why can't we add contacts in the Ring Central App?

Frankly, the various apps all have the same name and make no sense to me. I just need an app where I can send and receive texts from clients -- not an internal team! Currently the texts I receive come in with only a phone # id and I cannot revise the profile to add a name. I have no idea who is texting me and it is only by going back and reading the history that it becomes apparent. It's no way to run my business. What am I missing?

PS - my app says RingCentral

contacts
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

cody-tousignant avatar image
cody-tousignant answered damien-burke5158 commented
Hey there Cindy - it is my understanding that the RingCentral application doesn't have a contact management system in place meaning you, like my team, don't have a way in the program to save the contact. We also have to scroll through our text history to figure out who we're communicating with.

RingCentral has promised the feature will come out at some point, but we've been a customer for seven months and haven't seen it yet.
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

account12769 avatar image account12769 commented ·
I've been a customer since 2018 and people have been asking for this ability for 2 years before me.
1 Like 1 ·
damien-burke5158 avatar image damien-burke5158 commented ·
Same here, 2017. I can't believe we're still talking about this. 
0 Likes 0 ·
cindy-hawkins avatar image
cindy-hawkins answered damien-burke5158 commented
It nearly makes the app useless then, doesn't it?  How is the app, though, able to recognize some and not others?  Is it an address book from my phone that was part of the initial install but now cannot take updates with any further new contacts?  It's all so mysterious and VERY frustrating.
4 comments
1 |3000

Dean Moberg avatar image Dean Moberg commented ·
I wish I even had some of my Outlook Contacts installed as I'm a new user this month.  Whomever reads these things, just because someone posts an idea or suggestion 1 , 2 or 4 years ago, doesn't mean it isn't important.  Importing without synchronization isn't much help either as then we'll be trying to figure out which updated contact is correct, Outlook, Ring Central, IOS RIngCentral, IOS or Salesforce...
1 Like 1 ·
that's correct. Not functional in a professional environment and very frustrating/puzzling. 
1 Like 1 ·
michelle-lopez1 avatar image michelle-lopez1 commented ·
Not ideal but a workaround for me was to export my contacts from outlook and import them to my RC account - now all me incoming calls and texts have ID's - but the dumb thing is I still cant see the contacts on my apps UGH!!!!

0 Likes 0 ·
yea that's the issue. No address book on the app.
0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image
jessica-community-moderator answered Michael commented
Hi Cindy, 

You're able to add contacts in the mobile app currently. Product is still working on adding the functionality to the desktop app. 
3 comments
1 |3000

Michael Hardy avatar image Michael Hardy commented ·
Why aren't all of the contacts available across desktop, mobile, etc.? Why are they dependent on which app you are using? Shouldn't an account have a unified group of contacts so the experience is seamless, regardless of platform?
1 Like 1 ·
jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·
This is the ultimate goal that product is working towards! 
0 Likes 0 ·
Michael avatar image Michael commented ·
Then you guys should not be discontinuing the old apps until the new ones are ready!
0 Likes 0 ·
chris-suarez avatar image
chris-suarez answered
Is there any update on this? I have one contact which is a number outside of ring app that is my answering service for some reason but, cannot even edit/add my staff's phone number to "forward" calls to without knowing the actual phone number. 
1 |3000

greg-jackson avatar image
greg-jackson answered
The old Ring Central Phone (RC Phone) has functionality to save contacts. I don't understand why the new apps don't have this in it.
1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app